Board advice / introduction - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
fireindc

Default Board advice / introduction

Hey, I'm new to this forum- but not new to snowboarding. Ive lived in Taos for 3 years and have been boarding as long. Last two seasons I did work with a 152 size cheapass pos board. Now its time to move up, now that Taos mountain is open, and I bought my skipass I'm looking for a new board to ride this year.

To start off, i am 6ft tall, 170lbs, and size 12 boot.

The board I've had my eye on is the Ride Yukon. I will mostly be doing freeride on some nice dry powder that we get here in Taos, as well as hauling ass on groomers, tree trails, and hitting natural ledges and jumps. I very occasionally ride park(no rails or anything), but i do want to do a little bit more of that this year- but still that is not the priority. Before riding Taos I was riding Sipapu and Angelfire. Both of which are great places to ride, but I have advanced so much that they are no longer as exciting as they used to be.

Although Taos(the mountain, not the town- DO NOT get these confused.) has its share of skiier assholes, it is the best mountain around by far. I cannot wait to ride the fuck out the "skiiers mountain". Though I have no problem with skiiers, most my friends ski.

Taos is much steeper, has better snow, more snowfall, and more steep and exciting runs. As well as "the ridge" which you have to hike up to, but almost always get great pow every time without fail.

Anyways, I tried to give you as much info as I can to help me pick out this board. This is my first "good" board, and I want to make it count.

I'm leaning towards the Ride Yukon, and I cannot decide which trim to get. The 159 or the 164. With my weight it seems to be a tossup between the two. What do you guys think? Also what other boards would you recommend?

And for one last question, has anyone used this site: www (dot) sierrasnowboard (dot) com? This is where I'm thinking about ordering from.

Thanks again from a newbie to the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2008, 08:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
SpringheelJack

159 definitely, I'd say. And I've never personally used Sierra, but those who have seem to have a cultish devotion to them, so they seem alright.