new setup drop OP's in here - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default new setup drop OP's in here

So screw the zumiez thread just not worth it.

went to bergers down in binghamton (where i ride)
5"11
inter-adv rider.

Potential setup

Capita outdoor living 158 08'270
10. Burton moto 09 (orange 130
09 burton cartel (orange $215
With our tax im looking at 700.....im not feeling that price at all. im an allaround boarder i use the whole moutain. and park.

I suppose i could see if he can take some money off since i am buying a whole package thing... but i hate haggling or just doing it in general. so what other options do i have here? Boots i gotta try on so buying online is not an option. my OG goal was 500 and that got blown to shit. the cartel's look so dope with the board and boot. i realize that the boot n bindings r 09's i'm sure their are others i could look at. just don't know what.

also
Burton Coalition Custom Yo! Snowboard Bindings - Snowboard Shop > Snowboard Bindings > Men's Snowboard Bindings
Vs.
Burton Cartel Snowboard Bindings (Closeout) - Snowboard Shop > Snowboard Bindings > Men's Snowboard Bindings

whose got the edge

I was looking on ebay and found these thoughts??

Morrow Lithium 159 Snowboard+Morrow Bindings+Boots - eBay (item 130252302011 end time Oct-03-08 16:28:52 PDT)

Rossignol Circuit 160 Snowboard+Bindings + Forum Boots - eBay (item 150290683332 end time Oct-03-08 10:58:41 PDT)

Rossignol District 160 Snowboard+MFM Bindings+32 Boots - eBay (item 350095118108 end time Oct-03-08 16:46:52 PDT)

Morrow Radium 159 Snowboard + Bindings + Boots - eBay (item 150290791919 end time Oct-03-08 16:58:51 PDT)

i found some orange aresenals so unless the guy at Bergers cuts me one. i think i may just buy bits n pieces around.

*edit. i just found out something. if i buy things as a package. i still have to put it together... and i assume that costs as well.

Last edited by DJ FroZone; 10-02-2008 at 08:42 AM.
DJ FroZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2008, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
B-166-er

well if you try on the boots and they fit right, just order them online
Old 10-01-2008, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

get 08 boots and bindings. That should cut quite a bit off the price.
Bagels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagels View Post
get 08 boots and bindings. That should cut quite a bit off the price.
from any of your expertise do u think their is any drop in quality with said bindings and boots? i really hate laceups i suck at tying knots.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
SpringheelJack

Usually not much changes beyond the design and a few minor tweaks. And if there's a huge change, you're probably better off waiting until the reviews on it come in unless if you've got a bunch of cash to spend so you can play with the newest gimmick.

Considering you can find last year's stuff at around 50% off, its more than worth it. New stuff's for rich kids.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Price wise, you are not going to get much lower for a decent board and the boots are a decent pprice, really decent I think. Where you could save some money would be the bindings. The Cartell is a good binding no doubt, but you could find a very good quality binding for around $150 pretty easily. The Rome Arsenls can be had for that new and even the new 390`s are around $175. Depending on your state, you could save the tax by buying online, but then shipping usually eats up that savings. For getting everything, you are going to have a tough time getting quality for $500; I think your best bet if you like everything you got here is to try to get a discount for a package deal and if not, I think you are getting all this a a decent price.
thank u i will take rome into consideration. im really hoping to get a package deal out of this somewehre
Old 10-02-2008, 05:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

did some editing