Nitro Team Gullwing W vs. NS Legacy vs NS Heritage X - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Legacy, no question at all. Size ideally 159, but 156 could also work. Definitely not longer than that.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basti View Post
I'd also go with the Legacy. The Team Gullwing is a very good board but it has a crazy amount of rocker between the feet (reminds me a bit of first generation Flying V by Burton) which makes it a bit more squirrely and not as stable as a Legacy. In the end you can't go wrong with either board.
Didn't know about the extra rocker in the gullwing. I've heard lost of complaints of that original Burton style washing out a lot.

Go with the Legacy OP. You will get more years of riding it as your skills advance. In a year or two, the Nitro will lack edge hold you want while riding faster.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigmountainVMD View Post
Didn't know about the extra rocker in the gullwing. I've heard lost of complaints of that original Burton style washing out a lot.

Go with the Legacy OP. You will get more years of riding it as your skills advance. In a year or two, the Nitro will lack edge hold you want while riding faster.
Not only that, it is also too long.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #14 (permalink)

wow, thank you all, guys! Then I believe Legacy is the answer, and perhaps next year model. This year is almost no chance to find, and next year seem to be having an extra - matte finish (no carbonium laminate, though). The only thing remains is the sizing - I think 159 would be good, but at least according to EVO sizng chart, 159cm board is for booths size from 9 to 11.5 (my Salomon's are 12). So maybe 161 the.... Strange, cause Heritage X is all the same boot size starting 11.5
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:36 AM   #15 (permalink)

Your tall & have big feet so the SL and the Heritage don't even bother with unless you enjoy toe drag which you don't...

The Legacy is a mid-wide version of the SL which may be a perfect size waist board for your big ass feet... I suggest at least a minimum of a 26cm board waist for a size 12 boot...

Your also over 6ft tall I wouldn't go any smaller than a 158cm but you'll outgrow it very quickly and suggest going with at least a 161cm...

The Heritage is more suited to a heavier rider than you are which would make it more work to control for you at 165lbs...

IMHO I think the Legacy 161 would be your best choice for an all mountain board ...

Keep in mind 3cm is a little over an inch in length not a huge difference but even though you are skinny feller you are tall and have big ass feet which make your biggest issue finding a board wide enough to accommodate a size 12 boot...

Heres a quote I found to support what Im saying as a general rule of thumb: "If you are going to be riding the whole mountain, you will want to go for a board with a waist width of at least, say, 258mm. This is generally where the mid-wide category begins. Riders with boot sizes 11 and 12 may be able to get away with a waist as small as 258, but will probably find something around 260ish to be most comfortable. Riders with size sizes 13 and above should stick with a full-wide waist width at least 265mm."

http://www.cju.com/snowboard/Buying%...B3C0E98DC.html

Also keep in mind all boots are different where a size 12 in one brand could be as big as a size 14 in another or like the new Burtons where a size 12 has the foot print of a typical size 11...

Your stance angle also needs to be considered if you typically have a wide duck stance you may be able to go with a smaller waist board but the closer your stance gets to 0 degree the wider board you will need...

Last edited by MrKrinkle; 03-18-2013 at 02:07 AM.
MrKrinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKrinkle View Post
Your tall & have big feet so the SL and the Heritage don't even bother with unless you enjoy toe drag which you don't...

The Legacy is a mid-wide version of the SL which may be a perfect size waist board for your big ass feet... I suggest at least a minimum of a 26cm board waist for a size 12 boot...

Your also over 6ft tall I wouldn't go any smaller than a 158cm but you'll outgrow it very quickly and suggest going with at least a 161cm...

The Heritage is more suited to a heavier rider than you are which would make it more work to control for you at 165lbs...

IMHO I think the Legacy 161 would be your best choice for an all mountain board ...

Keep in mind 3cm is a little over an inch in length not a huge difference but even though you are skinny feller you are tall and have big ass feet which make your biggest issue finding a board wide enough to accommodate a size 12 boot...
Ignore this. Mostly wrong.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:50 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Ignore this. Mostly wrong.
Is it now please elaborate why this is wrong... Support your claims or your full of sh*t...

Last edited by MrKrinkle; 03-18-2013 at 01:53 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:10 AM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Is it now please elaborate why this is wrong...
Happy to. Here we go:

Quote:
All rubbish. Specifically:
1. Height matters very little for board selection or sizing.
2. His feet are not that big - size 12 are just borderline for wide boards. Depending on stance width, stance angles, board sidecut, bulkiness of boots, etc. a size 12 might actually still work with a regular width board.
3. He was not asking about the regular width Heritage, but the (wide) Heritage X.

Quote:
I suggest at least a minimum of a 26cm board waist for a size 12 boot...
Waist width is irrelevant, what matter is width at the inserts/binding positions.

Quote:
Rubbish. As mentioned, height has very little to do with proper board sizing. At 6' he could be riding anything from 150 to 165, depending on weight, conditions, riding style, etc.

Quote:
Utter garbage. So Heritage is for people weighing more than 165lbs!? How much would one have to way for a Raptor then???

Quote:

Wrong. The opposite is true: Since he is a lightweight guy on a wide board, he should definitely try go shorter if possible - that is why I recommended considering the 155, the 158 will be plenty.

Quote:
Heres a quote I found to support what Im saying as a general rule of thumb: "If you are going to be riding the whole mountain, you will want to go for a board with a waist width of at least, say, 258mm. This is generally where the mid-wide category begins. Riders with boot sizes 11 and 12 may be able to get away with a waist as small as 258, but will probably find something around 260ish to be most comfortable. Riders with size sizes 13 and above should stick with a full-wide waist width at least 265mm."

Also keep in mind all boots are different where a size 12 in one brand could be as big as a size 14 in another or like the new Burtons where a size 12 has the foot print of a typical size 11...
You added this after my response, but it's ok - in fact, I have pretty much addressed all those points already.
Two key points:
1. Height matters little for board selection and sizing.
2. Foot size needs to be compared with width at the inserts/binding positions, not waist width.

Both of these this things have been highlighted many times in this forum. You are perpetrating old/outdated approaches that were wrong to begin with.

Last edited by hktrdr; 03-18-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

Guess Im just old then... my 22 years of snowboarding should account for nothing and your right... shame on me but if you dont mind please post information to support your claims or its just your opinion... and opinions are like a$$holes everyone on a forum has one...

Last edited by MrKrinkle; 03-18-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Guess Im just old then... my 22 years of snowboarding should account for nothing and your right... shame on me but if you dont mind please post information to support your claims or its just your opinion... and opinions are like a$$holes everyone on a forum has one...
Never too old to learn, one hopes...

Tags
never summer, nitro