I've never been snowboarding before and I'm looking to get equipment that is the best bang for the buck, but mostly trying to save money. I'm going snowboarding in Killington, VT this Christmas and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to go again for a while (assuming I don't love it too much and get addicted!), so I do not need anything that will last for a long time. I've compiled a list and questions about them as well of what to get. I looked at the-house, dogfunk, sierra, but I do not know how good any of their brands are. All the sessions, bonfire, and burton seem expensive and I'm not sure how good each model is, so I was wondering about recommendations and models.
1) Snowboarding Jacket - Seal at the waist so to not let in water, 10k+ waterproof and breathability?
2) Snowboarding pants - Seal at the ankles so not to let water in? 10k waterproof and breathability?
3) Wicking socks - Is wool ok? Do sock brands matter?
4) Under the snowboarding stuff, is cotton ok? Would you recommend thermal vs. underarmor wick stuff? I was planning on fleece jacket
, long sleeved shirts, cotton undershirt, jeans, thermals under the snowboarding jacket and pants.
5) Goggles - any kind of goggles ok? Get 100% UV protection?
6) Gloves - Some kind of waterproof gloves?
7) Head - Ski mask vs. helmet vs. beanie? I plan on doing a beanie and a helmet, not sure what recommendations for these are.
8) Underwear - Boxers or is there something else I should be using?
9) A normal scarf
10) Boots - If 'm renting at the slopes then will they have boots? I just need anything comfy right?
What I was looking at:
I'll be renting as much stuff at the slopes as I can.
1 and 2: Session Roundhaus Snowboard Jacket & Pant Package
3: Gravis Crew Socks
4: Under Armour Men's Coldgear Action Legging
5: Is any random brand goggles ok? I chose Oakley in case a cheapo doesn't work. Oakley O Frame Goggles
6: Defcon Com Sat Snowboard Gloves
7: Random rollerblading or bike helmet?
8: Normal cotton boxers
9: Normal Scarf
10: Anything comfy
I noticed that lots of people on this boards just do snowboarding jacket, snowboarding pants, boxers, googles, beanie, gloves, but since I'm new I'd like to have all bases covered. I was planning on checking WhiskeyMilitia.com Tramdock.com
everyday and then googling reviews and buying whatever, but I dunno if thats a good idea. Ideally I'd like old season stuff to save money.
Thanks a lot!