Freebord - Snowboard the Streets - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Freebord - Snowboard the Streets

I have been snowboarding for a long time. Unfortunately I live in New Jersey and snowboarding season isn't that long. Freebording is the best alternative to snowboarding I've ever seen. i was on a search for sometime of board to ride during the off season to try to relive that itch. I tried longboarding and looked into some types of alternative board which all sucked. Then I found the freebord. It's the first board to be able to move like a snowboard, it feels so awesome to be able to snowboard any street you see. If you have big hills near you and want something to do in the off season check it out.

Just check out these videos before you judge it.

YouTube - Freebord Ride Explained

YouTube - Blackground

YouTube - Freebord Team Submissions Mid 2007

Last edited by montewrxmjm; 10-04-2008 at 02:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 03:16 AM

that looks like alot of fun.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 03:25 AM

looks like tonnes of fun but the prospect of falling on the pavement isn't. or maybe i'm just a big pussy
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 04:10 AM
Sp0r3

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I can sense a lot of runs into the Emergency Room with freebord. I'm not really sure how far this sport can go. In the YouTube video regardig freebord, those people don't follow the road signs. This may lead to legal issues involving the use of public roads without regarding the rules and regulations. But it may just relieve the urge to snowboard.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-04-2008, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0r3 View Post
I can sense a lot of runs into the Emergency Room with freebord. I'm not really sure how far this sport can go. In the YouTube video regarding freebord, those people don't follow the road signs. This may lead to legal issues involving the use of public roads without regarding the rules and regulations. But it may just relieve the urge to snowboard.
I understand what you are saying it's not for the faint at heart and yes you can catch an edge Once you get the hang of it though that rarely happens and you have so much control over the board just like your snowboard. Yes falling sucks but it's worth it imo lol If your that worried there is always pads you can wear. I always wear my helmet thats for sure.

In reguards to the roads, yes it's not legal on public roads but who cares haha. But in all honesty the best place to ride is private neighborhoods! Theses have little traffic on the and many are built on the top of mountains. Neighborhoods hoods are like our private slopes haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode