Freebord - Snowboard the Streets - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 03:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Freebord - Snowboard the Streets

I have been snowboarding for a long time. Unfortunately I live in New Jersey and snowboarding season isn't that long. Freebording is the best alternative to snowboarding I've ever seen. i was on a search for sometime of board to ride during the off season to try to relive that itch. I tried longboarding and looked into some types of alternative board which all sucked. Then I found the freebord. It's the first board to be able to move like a snowboard, it feels so awesome to be able to snowboard any street you see. If you have big hills near you and want something to do in the off season check it out.

Just check out these videos before you judge it.

YouTube - Freebord Ride Explained

YouTube - Blackground

YouTube - Freebord Team Submissions Mid 2007

Last edited by montewrxmjm; 10-04-2008 at 03:42 AM.
montewrxmjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2008, 04:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

that looks like alot of fun.
hughEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

looks like tonnes of fun but the prospect of falling on the pavement isn't. or maybe i'm just a big pussy
pipidulce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 05:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Sp0r3

I can sense a lot of runs into the Emergency Room with freebord. I'm not really sure how far this sport can go. In the YouTube video regardig freebord, those people don't follow the road signs. This may lead to legal issues involving the use of public roads without regarding the rules and regulations. But it may just relieve the urge to snowboard.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0r3 View Post
I can sense a lot of runs into the Emergency Room with freebord. I'm not really sure how far this sport can go. In the YouTube video regarding freebord, those people don't follow the road signs. This may lead to legal issues involving the use of public roads without regarding the rules and regulations. But it may just relieve the urge to snowboard.
I understand what you are saying it's not for the faint at heart and yes you can catch an edge Once you get the hang of it though that rarely happens and you have so much control over the board just like your snowboard. Yes falling sucks but it's worth it imo lol If your that worried there is always pads you can wear. I always wear my helmet thats for sure.

In reguards to the roads, yes it's not legal on public roads but who cares haha. But in all honesty the best place to ride is private neighborhoods! Theses have little traffic on the and many are built on the top of mountains. Neighborhoods hoods are like our private slopes haha
montewrxmjm is offline   Reply With Quote