Skate Banana vs Custom? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
vysis

Default Skate Banana vs Custom?

Was gonna get a Custom, but recently saw the Banana and it seems to be pretty popular right now. Just wondering, which one rides better in terms of a little bit of everything on the hills.

also, does the banana not come in ridiculous colours/patterns?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2008, 04:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
oneplankawanka

I rode the custom for years before I got over Burton..Still one of the best all rounders out there in my opinion. The skate banana is not an all rounder. chk the libtech website for details.

YOu are attempting to compare a banana to an orange. completey different sticks that are designed to do different things..Just my opinion as I rode burton for years buy now ride Libtech/Bataleon boards.

I might suggest Burton Avengers snowboard reviews embeded on this site..
Old 10-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Opposite ends of the spectrum.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplankawanka View Post
now ride Libtech/Bataleon boards.
me too. yeah 4 TBT
Old 10-05-2008, 11:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
vysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplankawanka View Post
YOu are attempting to compare a banana to an orange. completey different sticks that are designed to do different things..
my bad, I didn't know that. I went on the Lib tech site and it didn't really mention what the Banana was... btw, what exactly is the Banana? I always thought it was a freerider. Am i wrong?
Old 10-06-2008, 12:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vysis View Post
my bad, I didn't know that. I went on the Lib tech site and it didn't really mention what the Banana was... btw, what exactly is the Banana? I always thought it was a freerider. Am i wrong?
SB = park, custom = all mtn?
squishydonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 02:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
TradeMarc04

Lib Tech: Banana Technology - Cambered Snowboards Hate Freedom! all right here bro
Old 12-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
luv2board

according to the lib-tech web site the board can do everything... "its desinged for unlimited freestyle use all over the mountain : jibbing, pipe, park ,ice , steeps etc....
just my 2 cents....
j
Old 12-26-2008, 06:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
TRG

I think vysis might be saying is that they (he/she) is comfortable on the burton board and wants to know if the banana is too parky for them, and maybe wants to head more to the parky board vs the stiffer all mountain board that burton does offer. just my .02
I myself am also looking to get into the lib or gnu i am very interested in the 09' gnu billygoat 59 and or the 09' lib Banana sk8, but everyone including shops give me very unclear ideas about the board, anything i have found on Youtube tells me that the lib is the"End all be all" of snowboards, no technical advice anywhere!
...are they sketchy at higher speeds, like above treeline?
are they chattery on ice? i hear they have superior edge controle but some say different?
LOL i have never had this much discouragement looking to buy a snowboard!
The billygoat seems to be the board i want, but nobody carries the board around here!...its truly frustrating!
TRG
Old 12-26-2008, 07:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

TRG - I see your from socal too...I just demo'd the skate banana at Bear last weekend. Leroys had it to demo for $32.

I might not be the best to give a review since its been about a year since I was last out (and it was a borrowed 159), but I took the 152 skate banana for a spin. I loved it. Took a bit to get used to how short it was but it held a nice edge, never washed out, or caught an unexpected edge on me. I was really moving at times and I was stable, but i think id prefer a 156 over the 152 (i only weigh 145-150lbs) since I'm not a park guy so I dont really need the shortest board.
switchface is offline   Reply With Quote