HELP! Begin/Interm needs 2nd board! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
soloboarder

Question Upgrade Time! ;)

Hi all,

Ok, so I'm TOTALLY OVERWHELMED by the sheer number of beautiful boards out there!

I'm 5'8", 140, a beginning/intermediate, been boarding for near 3 years & am looking to upgrade/supplement my Burton Cruzer 155 & K2 A-Team bindings (Medium). Probably gonna keep my Salomon Dialogue's (Size 9) for awhile. (Thoughts on this setup? Thoughts on the Dialogues? Got 'em cause they were super-light & comfy. Oh yeah & on sale!)

I mostly do mountain runs. Probably looking for a freeride/all-mountain board. I was told I could keep my Cruzer for when I want to try to advance to the park. This true?

I'm trying real hard not to buy a board based on its graphics, but I'm VERY drawn to the Arbor boards. They also seem like a great company. I really like the Crossbow! Too stiff for me?

How about Atomic boards? The Alibi or the Radon?

I've been recommended the Burton Customs. Other suggestions?

I really love the (look of) the Arbor boards! If I were to get one, would the Crossbow be too firm/stiff for me? What size? 158? Could the Crossbow make me a better rider? I REALLY wanna step up my skill this season!!!

Other suggestions on boards &, oh yeah, some NEW BINDINGS to go with, too?

I AM SOOO SUPER EXCITED FOR THIS SEASON TO OPEN & HOPEFULLY HAVE A NEW SETUP TO PLAY WITH! (Tryin reeaaaal hard not to pull out my card & make a rash buying decision! So help me out guys & gals!) WHOOOO!!!!

TIA for all your thoughts!!! You guys ROCK!!!

Last edited by soloboarder; 10-05-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2008, 11:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm not good when it comes to suggesting boards, but I have a few suggestions for you to help decide on what to buy. If you can I would suggest just spending the first part of the season demoing boards from shops if thats a possiblity. This is by far the best way to find a board that is right for you. If you get a chance as well perhaps read burtonavenger's snowboard reviews to help you find a board that you would feel is right for you. Just keep in mind that everyones view from a board differs so if you find yourself liking a board that he doesn't stick with it.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
ryderx

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloboarder View Post
Hi all,

I'm 5'8", 140, a beginning/intermediate, been boarding for near 3 years & am looking to upgrade/supplement my Burton Cruzer 155 & K2 A-Team bindings (Medium). Probably gonna keep my Salomon Dialogue's (Size 9) for awhile. (Thoughts on this setup? Thoughts on the Dialogues? Got 'em cause they were super-light & comfy. Oh yeah & on sale!)

I mostly do mountain runs. Probably looking for a freeride/all-mountain board. I was told I could keep my Cruzer for when I want to try to advance to the park. This true?
i do believe the cruzer is not a park board, more freeride board. may even have little taper to it?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Cruzer is the same board as the Blunt minus the twin shape.