Powder snake/Charlie slasher - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basti View Post
Don't worry, your English is fine .

Just to clarify one thing: Leaning back is a misleading term when it comes to pow riding. You want to shift your center to the tail but not by leaning back but by shifting your upper body and knees so you still have control when turning. Not that this has a lot to do with the topic.

Regardless, I totally get you would want a pow board. I have one that I can't use very often. But when I do I feel like it's totally worth it every time.
thanks.
yes, in fact i just meant weight shifting towards the tail. however, sometimes i tend to exaggerate this and will get off balance finishing the turn.

i will definitely not spend a fortune for it, but if i can find a great deal i think i will just go for it, even if this board will not be used daily.
spino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spino View Post
thanks.
yes, in fact i just meant weight shifting towards the tail. however, sometimes i tend to exaggerate this and will get off balance finishing the turn.

i will definitely not spend a fortune for it, but if i can find a great deal i think i will just go for it, even if this board will not be used daily.
Look at used boards too...I got a Hovercraft from a guy here for a pretty good deal in perfect conditions. Love that board.
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06
KIRKRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:46 AM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Both sound like great boards from what I've read and from friends that have owned both. Personally I'd go with the Capita since Salomon is a ski company lol, but in reality prob just whichever you find a better deal on. I'll have to borrow my friend's decks and give them a try. Hopefully we have some more pow days coming up, besides the storm that's currently blowing through.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
Both sound like great boards from what I've read and from friends that have owned both. Personally I'd go with the Capita since Salomon is a ski company lol, but in reality prob just whichever you find a better deal on. I'll have to borrow my friend's decks and give them a try. Hopefully we have some more pow days coming up, besides the storm that's currently blowing through.
thanks!
if you get a chance that would be awsome!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #25 (permalink)
Resident poet

I'm 180 and got a Charlie S 164, it floats, no leg burn...used for 16"+ days, it does groomers fine to get to the next pow patch...definitely a directional in pow...but certainly easy enough and predictable to do switch on groomers. CS is more of a big line big bowl deep poo stick

I've looked at closely....have not ridden the powder snake mainly due to BA's high remarks but it seems it might be a bit more fs poo style friendly deck. Idk but looks like PS is more of a nimble poo fs butter stick.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #26 (permalink)

Charlie Slasher Will Change Your Life. I have the 64.

Have not ridden a Pow Snake- My Buddy Has One and Says Its A Tad Soft- (SickStick being the stiffer version)
P.Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Love my Charlie Slasher. Unsinkable. It opens up a lot of lines on deep days that you'd otherwise shy away from for fear of getting stuck on a flat. You can just ride it like a normal board in powder, then when you hit a flat, just lean back and let that baby hover.

Just enough short, stiff tail to still have good pop and that big old soft nose floats like a dream and absorbs the bumps when the pow gets chopped up.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The powder snake is a bit on the soft side for super hard charging. Comparable to a NS Proto HD, softer than an SL. Rides switch on groomers very well, lots of pop and good edge-hold. Floats very well and absorbs crud decently well. If you can spring for a sick stick, get it, but the powder snake makes a great cheap quiver board.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:52 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Swayze View Post
Charlie Slasher Will Change Your Life. I have the 64.

Have not ridden a Pow Snake- My Buddy Has One and Says Its A Tad Soft- (SickStick being the stiffer version)
this is curious: from what i have read so far i thought the sick stick was the softest of the two.

i have got the impression that the CS might be the best one for floating, but unfortunately we don't get a lot of fresh powder anyway, so probably either one would suffice.

i think i will go with the best deal i can find.
there is currently an offer for a 2012 powder snake at 200 which is really tempting.
i guess i will wait a bit more, as the charlie slasher is still available basically everywhere.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:17 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spino View Post
this is curious: from what i have read so far i thought the sick stick was the softest of the two.

i have got the impression that the CS might be the best one for floating, but unfortunately we don't get a lot of fresh powder anyway, so probably either one would suffice.

i think i will go with the best deal i can find.
there is currently an offer for a 2012 powder snake at 200 which is really tempting.
i guess i will wait a bit more, as the charlie slasher is still available basically everywhere.
There is not much difference between the Sick Stick and the Powder Snake in terms of stiffness, but the Sick Stick is much snappier/has more pop. Both have the same amount of float - a bit more than the Charlie.

Powder Snake and Charlie are both excellent value, so easily justified as additions to the quiver. Sick Stick is probably the most fun board of these - but you pay for it...
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote