Another new setup thread - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Another new setup thread

I've been thinking about upgrading my board and bindings for a while and I've heard dogfunk has a 50% coupon coming up, so it might be a good time to buy. The following are based on what's in stock, so a couple different recs might be good in case they sell out before I can buy.

I'm 5'6", 150 lbs on the more muscular side of athletic. I currently have a 151 Burton Troop with Burton Notori bindings. I'm probably between intermediate and advanced in skill level (pretty comfortable on blacks, double black are still tricky) and mostly ride groomers, but enjoy riding ungroomers and trees more. I rarely do park. I find my current setup a bit too soft and am looking for some firmer gear. There's also a very good chance I end up on the east coast next season, which I've heard is more icy. I've only ridden Tahoe and mountain areas (J-Hole, Park City, Big Sky)

From the Dogfunk site I'm interested in:
Gnu Bpro 152
Arbor Swoon 155
Jones Mothership 152
Arbor Push 152

Ride DVA
Rome Strut
Buton Lexa
Burton Scribe
Forum Journal
(I'm open to other suggestions on bindings, but I would like to keep them under around $100 with the coupon)
ehou333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

You might also take a look at these: Raiden Lynx Snowboard Bindings - Women's 2012 | evo outlet, using the code Luck at checkout takes another 17% off.

In terms of the dogfunk/backcountry 50% code there is no guarantee they will do it, and there is usually some brand restrictions (pretty sure Burton didn't work last year and maybe K2). I'm sure if they do this place will blow up again.
Treegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treegreen View Post
You might also take a look at these: Raiden Lynx Snowboard Bindings - Women's 2012 | evo outlet, using the code Luck at checkout takes another 17% off.

In terms of the dogfunk/backcountry 50% code there is no guarantee they will do it, and there is usually some brand restrictions (pretty sure Burton didn't work last year and maybe K2). I'm sure if they do this place will blow up again.
Thanks for the rec! I read good things about those bindings on this forum. I will definitely consider those!

It does seem like its easier to get good deals on good bindings, so I'm more interested in hopefully snagging a good board if the dogfunk coupon comes out.
ehou333 is offline   Reply With Quote