Shopping for Bindings/Boots - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
sockhead

Default Shopping for Bindings/Boots

Hey guys, I'm in the market for some new gear and I need some advice.

Before now, I was using a 2006 Salomon Pulse, 2006 Ride LX Bindings, and Northwave Freedom boots. My Pulse topsheet has been starting to come off, so I returned it for full store credit. Yesterday, I bought a 2008 Burton Custom that I'm sure I'll be happy with. I'm also thinking of updating all my other gear as well.

Here's the issue: My boots are size 7.5. I understand I'm right on the limit of small and medium binding sizes. My Ride LX bindings are size small. I'm thinking that maybe my boots are too small, because at the end of my season I was having dry blood under my big toes. So which case, I would upgrade to a size 8 boot, and would buy a medium sized binding at the same time. I've also read reports that the boot sizes between different manufacturers differs themselves. So then, maybe I would need a size 7.5 boot for the right fit in a different company? In which case I could probably keep using the same bindings... Any insight would be great. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2008, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
SpringheelJack

There's really only one way to go boot shopping, and that's to go boot shopping. No one can give you any advice on boots, and if they try tell them to cram it unless its something about the boot having cheap construction and falling apart easily, stuff like that. You just gotta go around and try on as many boots as you can until you find one that's comfortable, but still stable. You're basically shooting for as tight as possible without hurting. Run and walk around in them, give them opportunities to be uncomfortable. A little bit of discomfort in the shop is fine, because they'll break in some. But they definitely shouldn't be making your toes bleed, ditch those before you cause serious damage.

Once you've got your new boots, try em out in your old bindings, if they don't work, every company has shoe size ranges for their bindings.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

^^^that's all perfect advice, listen to it, and follow it.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
sockhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringheelJack View Post
There's really only one way to go boot shopping, and that's to go boot shopping. No one can give you any advice on boots, and if they try tell them to cram it unless its something about the boot having cheap construction and falling apart easily, stuff like that. You just gotta go around and try on as many boots as you can until you find one that's comfortable, but still stable. You're basically shooting for as tight as possible without hurting. Run and walk around in them, give them opportunities to be uncomfortable. A little bit of discomfort in the shop is fine, because they'll break in some. But they definitely shouldn't be making your toes bleed, ditch those before you cause serious damage.

Once you've got your new boots, try em out in your old bindings, if they don't work, every company has shoe size ranges for their bindings.
Hmm, I realized that a small binding will fit anything up to size 8. So I think I'll go ahead and pick up my binding (S) now, and pick up my boots at the store.

Cheers guys!