Opinions/experience with Lib Tech Dark Series? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Opinions/experience with Lib Tech Dark Series?

Hey everyone, I have been looking for a new board for like the last 2 months and I think I'm leaning towards getting the dark series 158cm within a week or two. Heres a little bit about me: 5'11", 170lbs, sz10 boots. I like bombing groomers as fast as possible, carving (both short and long radius turns), an occasional jump here and there, no park or ground tricks ever. Heres what I am looking for in a board: fast and stable at speeds, fast edge to edge transition, twin-like shape(although not a dealbreaker if not), mid to stiff flex, fairly damp, hybrid camber profile, not something that has to be ridden hard all day and I can get lazy on at the end of a weekend and not kill myself. I will be keeping my 2013 Burton Imperial boots and Malavita bindings for it. Does anyone have experience with the dark series or maybe have another suggestion for a board, price isnt an issue for this one by the way. Thanks in advance
boarder22ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

We have similar riding styles and I just went from riding a standard camber board to a LibTech T.Rice with the C2 profile (camber-rocker-camber) and it' a great ride. I was worried that there would be a learning curve but I adapted to it pretty fast. It's stable at most speeds but I've seen reviews where people say that it gets a bit squirrelly when you get up in the 40-45mph range.

The Dark Series is transitioning to the camber-dominant C3 profile on next years model if you do hit those 40-45mph speeds and prefer to stay with a more traditional camber profile. Then again, you'd have to wait a year.
PalmerFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

I looked at the rice hp as well but what really made me lean towards the dark is the narrow waist and org throttle raisers so it will transition edge to edge fast. As for c3 I think I want to try c2btx this time as Im coming from a camber board...plus I can get this years for under $400 and return it if I dont like it
Old 03-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the dark series is the most aggressive board from lib, if you want a board that will let you take it easy id look at the trs. c2btx boards are all pretty quick edge to edge with the rocker between the feet. The trs is stiff enough to handle pretty much all terrain.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

try gnu billy goat .

fast stable and damp.

159cm
24WERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Lando has org plates too, not a aggresive as a dark. Lando has 1 inch of setback, rides switch fine
Old 03-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

As for the trs, I am looking for something i can haul ass on like atleast 45-50mph. The billy goat is already out of stock, and the lando only comes in a 154 and 160, the 160 being too wide. How would u guys compare the ns raptor to the dark? Which would be more agressive?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder22ab View Post
As for the trs, I am looking for something i can haul ass on like atleast 45-50mph. The billy goat is already out of stock, and the lando only comes in a 154 and 160, the 160 being too wide. How would u guys compare the ns raptor to the dark? Which would be more agressive?
Never ridden the dark, but I can tell you the Raptor is quite aggressive. You wont kill yourself if you get lazy, but it will give you a bit of a workout. It doesnt like laziness. I find it very stable up to 50mph. Havent been over that speed, so cant comment on over 50. It is a little squirlley if you try to flat base it too long. Definitely stay on edge.
wernersl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

I guess im not very concerned about being able to handle either of them most of the time because I like to ride hard whenever I can, my main concern is the board also being able to handle decently at slower speeds as well because I do occasionally have to teach some friends that are new to the sport. Also i want something that will catch edges less than my current full camber, especially on those annoying narrow flat straight paths around the mountain. Any other recommendations? Im open to any brands just as long as they meet my prerequisites.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd say check out the CAPiTA Totally F'ckin Awesome, NS Heritage, or Ride Machette. They're all solid boards for the riding you're describing.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote