Choosing a new setup - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
TheWander08

Default Choosing a new setup

I consider myself and intermediate snowboarder. I am looking for my first setup. I like to ride both park and the groomers.

Weight: 160
Height: 6'
Boot Size: 11

This is the gear I am considering (everything is new 2009), please give me advice on this gear and any other recommendations are encouraged. Price isn't really a huge issue.

Board: Rome Agent 156, Rome Graft 155, Rome Anthem 156
Binding: Rome 390, Rome Targa, Burton Mission, Ride RX
Boot: K2 T1 DB

Last edited by TheWander08; 10-08-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWander08 View Post
I consider myself and intermediate snowboarder. I am looking for my first setup. I like to ride both park and the groomers.

Weight: 160
Height: 6'
Boot Size: 11

This is the gear I am considering (everything is new 2009), please give me advice on this gear and any other recommendations are encouraged. Price isn't really a huge issue.

Board: Rome Agent 156, Rome Graft 155, Rome Anthem 156
Binding: Rome 390, Rome Targa, Burton Mission
Boot: K2 T1 DB

None of that equipment is going to be bad... in fact they're all good choices. The Rome boards breakdown like this... The Agent is a good all around park board that can handle the mountain, The Graft is similar to the Agent but a bit softer to handle rails better, The Anthem is your all mountain killer... stiffest of the bunch but has great snap out of the tail.

Binding wise, The 390's are going to be a bit softer than the Targas and I'm not a big fan of Burton bindings so I can't speak on the Missions as I haven't ridden them in probably 10yrs. I will say I have Raiden Phantom's that I'm a big fan of after switching from Ride SPi's. I looked at the Targa when comparing last season and I liked the Targa but it felt too much like the SPi. I also really liked the Union Data's and Force's as other options for you to look at.

Boots- The T1's are nice... stiff and supportive but nice. I know they have the Dual Boa now which is a good feature when I had them a few years ago they didn't. With boots it's all subjective though, you have to try on as many as possible and go with what fits you the best. Just because a boot looks good on paper doesn't mean it will work well with your foot.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I just noticed that you have an 11 boot... you may want to look at the Slash and Flag from Rome as alternatives that are a bit wider. The Slash is the wide Agent and The Flag is wide Anthem
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote