which board? bindings? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default which board? bindings?

I am looking to buy my first snowboard. I have used my brothers old one for the past couple of years. I am ready to get my own. The 2 boards I am really considering are the Rome Slash 160 and the Rome Flag 163. I am 6'3 and 210 pounds. I will also need a size 12-13 boot. I am an intermediate rider. I hit small boxes/rails/jumps. I plan to get better in the park, but I still need a board that will ride nice on those black diamonds and glades.

I am trying to expand my options on a board and bindings from the Rome Slash/Flag/390's/Targas. What other boards and bindings are out there that would work well for my style of riding?
Bagels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Check the Salomon Drift Magnum 162, it has their Equalizer sidecut. Its two 'kinks' (basically abrupt change in edge direction) that really helps to grip snow. For something stiffer, check out the Neversummer SL-R. Don't remember what sized it comes in, but you want something 160-163. It has a very similar edge design but it also has recamber, rocker between your feet and camber after, very fun but responsive ride. If you end up with a size 12 boot, you can ride anything with a minimum of a 255mm waist width. If you find something with like a 250 waist that has something like a 7.8 or lower sidecut radius you may still be alright on one of those, again if you get in a 12. If you end up in a 13, you'll have to get a wide board. Another solid option would be the Lib-tech Skunk Ape in a 162. Comes in MTX and BTX, the BTX will be more playful but the MTX will be more stable at higher speeds. Your third option, and maybe the one I recommend the most would be a Bataleon Goliath 161W. TBT is amazing. Head to their site, bataleon.com, and read all about it, and seriously EVERYTHING they claim that TBT does, it really does. Most of the time you can doubt what a company will say about their sig-tech, but ask anyone that has a bataleon and all the benefits they describe will be what Bataleon advertises about TBT.

For Bindings, Union Forces, K2 Formulas, and Rome 390's will all do you well. I love my Union Contacts, Comfortable and Uber solid.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the help.

What about the Targas?
Old 10-09-2008, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You'd be alright with Targas, but personally I don't think they're worth the money.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

I am going for last years models. It is just so hard to find Rome bindings in l/xl. Whichever one I find at a decent price, I will get. 390s or Targas.