Bataleon snowboards - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
oneplankawanka

Hey, not familiar with that board....BA might know...chk the website.. Hmm sorry I cannot help you out here..can you demo before you buy?, Also I am not so sure you can compare the flex ratings from diff manufacturers due to difference in their stiffness testing criteria... so that may be a prob.. I am sure T Dakides has a quiver of boards... she rips and has a house in Tahoe.... I saw her years ago at Squaw and ran into her at her condo near the place we were stayin. I would bet though that the board she rides park with is stiffer than the Violenzia given that she is a pro and all.. a 2 on a scale of 6 is pretty soft.. good luck shred the gnar gnar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 09:10 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplankawanka View Post
In my opinion the effects of a small amount of setback just make your board more versatile...and for the most part don't mess with your freestyle progression...but again..just my opinion no more than say 15 setback..

Slightly set back directional twins are the bomb for a one board quiver..now if you can afford a few boards?? the equation changes.
Yeah, it IS only 15mm anyway, so it's not mind blowing. I guess you just chose my board for the next few seasons, thanks!
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplankawanka View Post
Hey, not familiar with that board....BA might know...chk the website.. Hmm sorry I cannot help you out here..can you demo before you buy?, Also I am not so sure you can compare the flex ratings from diff manufacturers due to difference in their stiffness testing criteria... so that may be a prob.. I am sure T Dakides has a quiver of boards... she rips and has a house in Tahoe.... I saw her years ago at Squaw and ran into her at her condo near the place we were stayin. I would bet though that the board she rides park with is stiffer than the Violenzia given that she is a pro and all.. a 2 on a scale of 6 is pretty soft.. good luck shred the gnar gnar.
Eh, don't worry about it. It's not a do or die situation...! Haha!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
oneplankawanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
Yeah, it IS only 15mm anyway, so it's not mind blowing. I guess you just chose my board for the next few seasons, thanks!
No worris Dol...happy that I could help....by the way was it you who is into The String Cheese incident? I think they are great.

I work up at Mt Hood meadows and a few years ago the band was playing a gig in Portland....anyhoo we were all informed that they would be on the mountain, so I was able to meet the band. It was very cool.

I think Bataleon boards are going to rock your world and blow your mind!!! enjoy
Old 10-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Oh if I could get my hand on some old krypto's...actaully I'd give my hand for some old kryptos. Yeah I know O-tang has a freeride wheel in the mix, but, its loaded, they say this winter, I hear 2 years. I have wondered about the krypto shape hawgs though. Maybe I'll just end up picking those.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #16 (permalink)

They are delicious wheeels. Except that they too die pretty fast. But yeah, it's Loaded, so I'm not holding my breath for them. I was actually linked up to a place that sold old 'thane Kryps. If you want, I can try to hunt down the link again. I do have to warn you the shop is in Europe, so you'll probably end up paying out the ass for them...oh, Pink Powerballs are absolutely fun freeride wheels too. Considering the duro, they drift so well. I guess you could say, it's like buttah!!

Where about's do you skate?
Old 10-09-2008, 12:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm in colorado springs, but soon to be breckenridge, so my skating will be put on hold for 5-6 months.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

*gasp* I'm so jealous. So so so very jealous. How familiar are you with the guys who skate in CO?
Old 10-10-2008, 12:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I dont really know anyone, its stupid, but then again I've only been riding a couple years, one year was primarily transportation too. And the first year I was in Fort Collins, which has either mind blowing hills, or no hills, so I went with the no hills. So I'm not nearly as good as I should be for 2 years.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #20 (permalink)

Hahaha. Yeah, from what I've heard any hills worth riding is at least a good half hour away no matter how the cookie crumbles. I have a friend who lives in Fort Collins who is into super serious DH.

Kryptonic Classic 76 (Set of 4)