Bataleon snowboards - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bataleon snowboards

I am very interested in getting a Bataleon this year, however, I am not familiar with their line up. I'm basically looking for a board to ride groomers and a bit of park with it. The capacity to take it up to the big mountains would be nice as well. I'm 120-ish pounds, size 6-ish boots and don't have a budget. And...I am a female.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2008, 08:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well I'm not the Bataleon expert here, but sounds like the Violenza is what you want. But I'm sure someone like oneplankawanka or whatever his name is will chime in in no time. Or the iHop guy (I dont think thats his name, but it reminds me of iHop). They really know the bataleon lineup.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

iHop!!!! Oh man, their pancakes are pretty nifty!!! Mmmmm...And to be honest, I'm kind of caught inbetween if I want to keep riding a twin, or go back to directional.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

From what I've been told, cause I also have my eye on a bataleon and was having the same directional vs twin dilema that you are, you wont really notice a 15mm setback like the violenza has. It will be perfectly fine for all park riding but make freeriding a little easier. The Distortia is the other option, but its a pretty soft board. But it is a true twin.

P.S. is that you in your profile pic, if so, what your setup?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yeah, I'm also quite a bit unsure about what Bataleon flex's are like in comparison to other boards.

I'm actually riding a custom built longboard in my profile pic. I think I was rocking Randal Come 2's 205mm hangars and S9 Race Formula GOS wheels in 76mm, 81a. Super fun drifty set up.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
oneplankawanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Well I'm not the Bataleon expert here, but sounds like the Violenza is what you want. But I'm sure someone like oneplankawanka or whatever his name is will chime in in no time. Or the iHop guy (I dont think thats his name, but it reminds me of iHop). They really know the bataleon lineup.
Yep oneplankawanka here hello dahling. The Distortia and the Violenzia The dis (better for your small feet) is a twin and pretty soft under foot. The Violenza(may be to wide for your small feet) is set back 15 and would be a better choice for freeriding and would be still doable for freestyling but its definately leaning freeride

Flex obviously should be considered. the Dis is 4-2-4 tip/mid/tail while the Vio is just a flex of 4...on a scale of 6
I think both graphics rock too... not that is should be a consideration....( but we all know it is) LOL
You do have small feet so board width should be a consideration as well..chk the website
BATALEON SNOWBOARDS | Triple Base Tech, the best thing to happen to snowboards since edges. good luck feel free to ask anymore question. Bataleon boards offer all the bennies of R camber without it.. the board has camber just like the board you ride now, it just has the magical TBT...chk the site. cheers!!

Last edited by oneplankawanka; 10-08-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've heard the RF's are good for drift but still grip pretty well. I just wish they'd come out with something in the mid 80's duro in the GOS shape for a freeride wheel. I love the shape, but not the duro.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
oneplankawanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
iHop!!!! Oh man, their pancakes are pretty nifty!!! Mmmmm...And to be honest, I'm kind of caught inbetween if I want to keep riding a twin, or go back to directional.
In my opinion the effects of a small amount of setback just make your board more versatile...and for the most part don't mess with your freestyle progression...but again..just my opinion no more than say 15 setback..

Slightly set back directional twins are the bomb for a one board quiver..now if you can afford a few boards?? the equation changes.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm definately not too concerned about board width, even though I have a smaller boot.

Oneplanka, would you be able to compare the flex of a Distortia to the flex of an 07 O-Matic Tara Dakides?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
I've heard the RF's are good for drift but still grip pretty well. I just wish they'd come out with something in the mid 80's duro in the GOS shape for a freeride wheel. I love the shape, but not the duro.
Imo, the duro is fine for what it is. (Though I am a light weight, so that probably does alter things a bit.) Another awsome freeride wheel are the Loaded Purple O'tangs. I can't stop drifting all over the place with these wheels. Though the only downside with these wheels is that they die FAST. Even for someone like me who has problems wearing wheels just because I don't weigh enough, I notice that there is a bit of coning only after 2 sessions on them. If you can hang on tight, I think Loaded is coming out with freeride wheels in the future, but I wouldn't hold your breath for that. And of course, there is the classic old 'thane blue Kryps for freeride. Another wheel I really enjoy freeriding though are Orange Landy Hawgs.