can't decide on a jib board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
short4

Question can't decide on a jib board

I need help deciding on if i want a jib board with reverse camber or normal camber....i have been to a couple shops and read a lot on reverse camber i still havnt made up my mind. I have narrowed it down some from the rome artifact and artifact 1985 r.c also the salomon sanchez, ride kink, world wide weapon unless there are some other ones out there you reccomend
also i am about 140lbs and 5ft 9 i have an all mountain board right now its a 155 what is reccomended i ride for a jib?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2008, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well I'm your physical twin, just and inch shorter.

I got a Scaremaster 148 this year and can tell already that its going to be super jibby. Its also more of a pricepoint deck. I rode a 151 weapon last year, unfortunately they don't make that size anymore, but for a jib board, you'll be fine on the 148. It was a super fun board becuase it had the control of a 154 in a 151 package. I don't like either Artifacts because of the bronze edge. I keep the area under my binding sharp (even on my park jib boards), and with the softer bronze edges, that would take a crap tone of upkeep.

The other Board not on your list I recommend is the Bataleon Airobic 151. Bataleon uses TBT, head to their site to read up on it (bataleon.com). Trust everything they say about TBT, they're right. Basically as a summary, TBT gives you all the benefits of rocker, without all of the downfalls.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
short4

Ya I was looking at the bataleons and was interested just a little pricy for me....and I thought the bronze edges on the artifact would be a plus is that wrong? Also what's the take on reverse camber or no for jibbing and buttering....I do jumps but nothin big I like boxes and rails more
Old 10-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
short4

Ya I was looking at the bataleons and was interested just a little pricy for me....and I thought the bronze edges on the artifact would be a plus is that wrong? Also what's the take on reverse camber or no for jibbing and buttering....I do jumps but nothin big I like boxes and rails more
And as for the size I was debating on a 148 or 150 ish so that helps
Old 10-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ride Kink I just got one for this season not pricy and super flexy, cant wait
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

+ 1 Ride Kink
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Bronze is a good thing if you could care less whether any part of your edge is sharp or not. I like some of my edge sharp, so a bronze edge would be a ton more work for me. I'm just giving you my opinions.

Bronze is softer so it will inhibit flex less than steel and will be less likely to crack, not that I've ever known anyone to crack an edge, though it does happen.

The Kink is a good option, I found it to be a little heavier than the Weapon, probably cause of the slimewalls. The slimewalls are super cool though, helps with board flex making entry and exit into turns smoother and give you a little more insurance on rails.

Rocker is good for jibbing and buttering. If you want a rocker jib board, the Weapon comes in rocker and in my opinion is better than the 1985. For the Weapon rocker, get the 152, It will be plenty pressable but more versatile for you. The 148 WeaponR will be so noodley, you might wash out on anything bigger than a 10ft kicker. If I had decide on rocker I would have gotten the 152 WeaponR

Also, buy my things?
Old 10-09-2008, 05:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
short4

Ya I was looking into the www rocker and I just thought that the bronze edges would be nice on a rail or box but didn't know how itd do on the groomed conditions on my way to the park and plus you have the 3 degree jibbed sides have you heard anything on the sanchez? 3 riders from ski pro all chose that board over any other jibber
Old 10-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would say its no worse or better than any of the others. Its a really basic park twin tip. Good for jibbing. Radial sidecut, extruded base. The Weapon has a dual progressive sidecut so the harder you try to turn, the harder it will turn. Where as the Sanchez will pretty much always turn the same, nice big and smooth turns.

Also, buy my things?
Old 10-09-2008, 05:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
short4

What's the dual progressive sidecut? And does the 1985 have that too?