Never Summer Lotus Vs Infinity Vs Roxy Eminence Vs Banana Smoothie...suggestions???? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Never Summer Lotus Vs Infinity Vs Roxy Eminence Vs Banana Smoothie...suggestions????

I started snowboarding this year. Bought a GNU B-NICE. It's a good entry level board but I feel it's holding me back. I like to charge down the hills but with my GNU there is a lot of chatter, so now I'm on the market for a new board. I enjoy charging down the hill and hitting natural features for jumps. May venture into the terrain park to practice jumping but no interest in rails/jibs. I have never done the half pipe but would like to try it at some point. I've been looking at a lot of different boards and doing some research. I have narrowed my search down to four boards. Roxy Emience and Roxy Banana Smoothie: I am leaning more towards the Eminence only because I haven't heard too many good things about the elliptical camber. Everyone seems to choose the C2 over the EC2. I however have little knowledge about the two and no experience with the difference in the two as I have only road my GNU. The other two boards are by Never Summer; the Infinity and Lotus. I know the Lotus is an aggressive board and worry if it may be too aggressive for me. Also I worry whether I will like riding a directional twin board but like the idea of getting a Never Summer board as it will be different from what I already have. I want to eliminate the chatter and would like a board I can use on groomed hills and good for jumps. If it's also good in powder that would be a bonus as I would like to do some back-country snowboarding as well. Does anyone have any further insight into these boards or have any suggestions in terms of what would be a good board for me based on my riding profile? Thank you

Weight-120 lbs
Boot size-women's size 8
Riding style-freeride/freestyle
Age-29
budget-no budget
Your location of riding-East coast

Last edited by ladymcknight; 03-24-2013 at 09:17 PM.
ladymcknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 03:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

I don't know much of woman's boards but I've recently been on a 2014 NS Raven ca 145 (the Lotus replacement) and Salomon Idol ca 149. Don't know what speed you're into... the straight line part of the test slope was short and rather crowded so I didn't go very fast, but I xan assure you that both are chatter free at 43mph. Considering that you're 1st year rider and already charge and jump, you seem to progress pretty fast. I'd say don't be afraid of "aggressive" woman's boards. Both, the Raven and Idol are among this category but ride very smooth, well dampened, easy to turn/edge to edge.
The Idol might be worth to have a closer look at, it's a hybrid camber that might feel more stable than a hybrid rocker if you want to charge.
neni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you very much I will look into the Idol. I'm not sure how fast I am going when I do charge but all I know is my board begins to chatter and I want to go faster but can't because of my board. As for jumping I haven't done any big jumps they are on the smaller scale but I know it's something I enjoy and want to become better at and continue to work on. I hope by the end of next year I will be doing jumps on the larger scale. Again I thank you for your advice. Much appreciated
Old 03-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

Haha, the chatter is my top concern too. My boards became progressively longer and stiffer. I dare to go pretty fast with my kitchen door aka Flagship but as soon as a board begins to be unstable, I hit the breaks and ride like a sissy

The Jones Twin Sister (hybrid camber) and the Rome Gold (hybrid rocker) were suggested to me in an other thread where I was asking for a groomer carve board, stable at higher speeds. I couldn't test those ones, so I can't say how they ride, but they might be worth to have a close look at too. Hope you get some answers from girls that actually know these boards
neni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks I'll do my research.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

Not one of those rare and valuable LADIES, with knowledge... buuut, if you're gonna stick with a Mervin (dooiitt, big Mervin fan here ) the Eminence will be more suited to what it sounds like you want. The Magnetraction will be good on the east coast as well. The B-Nice is a decent board but the Eminence is better in just about every way. The base is faster, and the C2 profile will be better than the plain banana rocker for carving and grip on piste as well as give you more pop when you ollie off features in and out of the park. C2 is the most aggressive of the Mervin profiles. Also if you get the full sparkly biobeans top sheet it'll be even lighter than your average board as well, among other things. *thumbs up*
destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

My girl has a Roxy Ollie Pop and she can ride pretty fast and has hit some double blacks with me and kept up the whole time. I did a lot of research and that one has held up nicely and she has really stepped up her game on it.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

The Eminence was initially my top choice but after reading more and more reviews of it a lot of peoples top complaint tends to be that it chatters at higher speeds. Kind of upsetting to hear as I do like Mervin boards but at the same time I think it would be good to get something more different from what I know. So I think I have officially scratched off both Roxy boards from my list. Thanks for you input though
Old 03-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

I did look into the Ollie Pop initially during my search but I didn't put it on my list as I want to get a sintered base and on the Ollie Pop it's base is TNT. Also it seems to be more of a park board which I want to stay away from. I should say that I originally was quite intrigued by lib techs TRS however with the base being TNT I decided against it. Seems like a great board but I want a base that's sintered. If it wasn't for the base I would probably really consider the TRS.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymcknight View Post
I did look into the Ollie Pop initially during my search but I didn't put it on my list as I want to get a sintered base and on the Ollie Pop it's base is TNT. Also it seems to be more of a park board which I want to stay away from. I should say that I originally was quite intrigued by lib techs TRS however with the base being TNT I decided against it. Seems like a great board but I want a base that's sintered. If it wasn't for the base I would probably really consider the TRS.
Yeah, the TNT was a selling point for me since I knew she would never really take care of it. If you don't mind waxing then sintered is the way to go.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote