comparisons and recommendation - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm not Donutz, but the Heritage is a great board for groomers. The problem is that, at your current level, it really won't be. The other boards I previously recommended will be great on groomers for you at your current level, and still great on them as you progress.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyt View Post
donuts would the heritage be a good board for groomers from ur experience?
Yes. The Heritage is like a battleship. When the runs get chopped up, the Heritage tends to be able to plow right through the chop. With the stiffness and damping, you feel it a lot less. When you get it up on its edge, it carves really well.

Not so good with ground tricks and such, though. Too stiff for really good butters and too damp for really good ollies.

Edit: In line with what NWBoarder is saying, consider the Proto. Especially consider waiting for the 2014 Proto. There are vague rumours that it's a huge improvement.

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.

Last edited by Donutz; 03-29-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: addendum
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyt View Post
hey johnnyO lol.. what are the odds.. would that libtech trs be ok for a begginer?
haha johnnyt I think the trs would be fine for a beginner, its def. fast but thats why i love it so much, I feel wayyy more in control at high speeds than anything else ive ridden, I love jibbing and hitting jumps all over the mountain and its really forgiving on jumps and has really nice pop for ollies, I think its a board that will be fine to start on and something you can never outgrow although I think the better you get the more fun youll have on the board; but it wont slow you down progressing. I have read some reviews on the c2 saying its only good at high speed but that is not true it works fine at low speed but once you get to the point where you wanna charge (I never thought I would but you do trust me) it will perform even better. It holds up well in the park but I think the best thing about it is control in turns, control at high speed and is a great board to hit jumps on. its an all mountain do anything killer for sure.
johnnyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

only down side I found was that in really deep pow I had to lean back quite a bit to float but I also ride a baraccuda for pow days so im pretty spoiled but I still had fun on the TRS in pow just not as good as some other options out there.
johnnyo is offline   Reply With Quote