HELP I think topsheet was put on backwards! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default HELP I think topsheet was put on backwards!

I need some help here. I just got a new board online that was delivered today, but I think the topsheet was put on the board BACKWARDS. This is suppose to be a Directional Twin board with a setback of 10mm according to the website and the paperwork on the board. On all my other directional boards with a "setback" it usually means the nose is longer than the tail. In the board that was just delivered, the nose is "SHORTER" than the tail, I measured from the tip of the board to the first set of binding holes and from the top to the first holes it is 16 inches. Then I measured from the tail of the board to the first set of holes and it is 17 inches, meaning, the tail is LONGER and the nose is SHORTER. Therefore, I am thinking that the topsheet was installed upside down. Can I get some opinions on this? Here are a few photos with the tape measure.

I'd hate to mount the bindings and ride the board "upside down" as I'm sure everyone on the mountain will come up to to me telling me that my bindings are mounted on the board wrong - or worse yet, they don't say anything and think I'm an idiot. Opinions please!!!

Would you keep the board and just turn the board backwards and mount the bindings so that the nose is 17" to the first set of holes and the tail is 16" from the end to the first set of holes or am I missing something?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0524.jpg (52.8 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0525.jpg (44.9 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0526.jpg (48.5 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0527.jpg (61.8 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by firstx1017; 03-29-2013 at 10:25 PM.
firstx1017 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well, when you put it upright so that the board name is upright, the top (nose) is shorter than the bottom (tail). The 17" if the board is upright is the bottom and the 16" if the board is upright is the top measurement - this is what has me stumped. The nose is shorter than the tail......
Old 03-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

My bad man i had to re-look at the pics, i was completely backwards...
ive never heard of that happening before, i would maybe try to contact the manufacturer see what they say maybe?
lj79615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Is it possible that the "reference" stance holes for the binding discs are not the same for the front and back sets of holes? I think they mark those, and if you laid the bindings over those holes and then measure to the center of the discs, do you still get a shorter nose than tail?
Hose91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks - that's a thought - I think I measured that already also. Let me re-measure.

Okay, I just measured again and there are reference points on the board. I re-measured and the top (nose) is 18 1/2" and the bottom (tail) is 19 1/2" to the reference stance holes. Again, the tail is still longer....

I have two other boards similiar to this and the nose is 1" longer than the tail - directional with 10mm setbacks on the specs. This is why I am stumped.

I still think the topsheet is installed backwards.

Last edited by firstx1017; 03-30-2013 at 12:09 AM.
firstx1017 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

Default Goofy.

That's odd. You originally said the setback was 10mm? I'm no metric expert, but isn't than 1 cm which is only a 1/3 of an inch or so? Still doesn't explain the measurements. I think I'd send it back, it might not make a difference in riding if you used appropriate holes to create the setback, but just knowing that it wasn't quite right would annoy me to no end. You should get what you asked for, imho.
Hose91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.

If it's wrong, even using different binding holes wouldn't necessarily resolve the problem. Unless the board is a true twin (which it isn't if it has a setback), it's going to have different geometry in one direction vs the other. Sidecut, location of contact points, etc would be wrong.

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

I have two other boards similiar to this and the nose is 1" longer than the tail - directional boards with 10mm setbacks on the specs. This is why I am stumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hose91 View Post
That's odd. You originally said the setback was 10mm? I'm no metric expert, but isn't than 1 cm which is only a 1/3 of an inch or so? Still doesn't explain the measurements. I think I'd send it back, it might not make a difference in riding if you used appropriate holes to create the setback, but just knowing that it wasn't quite right would annoy me to no end. You should get what you asked for, imho.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Its either the top sheet is back to front or the insert holes were drilled with the core back to front.
10mm setback should be 20mm difference between tip and tail length.
Its definately a defective board either way so you should be able to swap it.
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

PS stop using inches you yanks! The world has left you behind.
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote