Comparing some decks - end of season sales - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Comparing some decks - end of season sales

So I love my NS Evo and the camber profile, but with all the discussion about new or lesser known brands, I've been doing a little research on expanding my quiver a little.
I've been checking out :
Yes. Trouble 154
Salomon Villain
Niche Aether
Sapient Evolution

I'm looking for something similar to my Evo or even closer to the Proto really.. The Villain was on my wish list for awhile but the Yes deck sounds pretty awesome. I definitely want a hybrid camber...no full rocker, no flat base.
Sugestions PAHLEASE

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I havent ridden the Trouble but have ridden the Jackpot, which was a fun do anything slightly softer board. Yes has been killin lately, they're a brand I've been really pumped on recently.

The Villain is one of the best snowboards I've ever ridden. Be aware, you might never ride your Evo again if you get a Villain.

Bio resins need another 3-4 years or for Loaded longboards to enter the snowboard scene before they're gonna be durably viable. The strength just isnt there yet. Signal played with it a bit last year on some protos. So unless you're willing to risk a snap or major delam I'd pass on Niche.

Sapient still exists? I suggest you stay clear.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've had my eye on the Villain all season.. I think ill probably end up going that way . I just wanted to explore what else was out there but I've heard nothing but praise for it and I love the graphics too

Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
Old 03-30-2013, 04:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Not sure why you would buy something so similar to the board you have if you are looking to expand a quiver. Isn't the purpose of a quiver to have a board for different situations?
Efilnikufesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efilnikufesin View Post
Not sure why you would buy something so similar to the board you have if you are looking to expand a quiver. Isn't the purpose of a quiver to have a board for different situations?
I was thinking the same. How bout you go all out and buy a powder gun? U might become a powder maniac.
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I live on the east coast. A powder specific board would be a total waste. I love my Evo but it's gotten pretty beat up and I'm looking for something slightly stiffer and with a little more pop and edge hold. That's why I was aiming at the Proto originally. Also my Evos top sheet is almost perfect and I want it to stay that way when I hang it up lol. The base on the other hand....not so much .

Like I said, I'm totally open to suggestions.

Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
Old 03-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by East告de View Post
I live on the east coast. A powder specific board would be a total waste. I love my Evo but it's gotten pretty beat up and I'm looking for something slightly stiffer and with a little more pop and edge hold. That's why I was aiming at the Proto originally. Also my Evos top sheet is almost perfect and I want it to stay that way when I hang it up lol. The base on the other hand....not so much .

Like I said, I'm totally open to suggestions.
Burton custom? Lib travis rice?
blunted_nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Aight, East Coast huh? From what I know, that means some, ICE, riding. (Ba-dum tss!) So, you need edge hold & cutting power to plow through the ice. Do you ride a lot of park? And what's your preferred bend? Rocker, Hybrid, Camber?
Bullboy145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I ride as much park as I can, but I also mix in alot of groomed runs with my gf.. The Evo has been pretty perfect but it definitely takes alot of work to hold an edge anywhere over 40mph.. It's also softened up quite a bit as its broken in. I have a small core shot on the base near the edge and no matter how many times I Ptex it, the Ptex comes right out after a few runs. I LOVE this board, but I know it's getting close to retirement. It probably has about 45 days on it, but I've beaten the crap out of it.. Tree bonks, running over rocks , etc.
I prefer hybrid camber .. Specially NS type camber profile. I've ridden flat bases ( Omatic extr txtr and ride Buckwild and they just felt lifeless to me) and I've ridden camber and full rocker.. I have a stiff full rockered pipe deck, and sold my cambered burton primo to a friend. I don't miss camber, but I do miss the kind of edge hold it had. I really don't like full rocker as I just feel it's really limited and loses alot of pop.. More than likely if I ever catch a pow day that'd be my pow stick.

Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
Old 03-31-2013, 01:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
duh

Check out the Smokin Superpark also. They do a hybrid version with magne-traction that's a fun ride.
duh is offline   Reply With Quote