Snapped boards, lets see them!! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Snapped boards, lets see them!!

i just snapped my 4 day old 162w banana magic on a small side wall doing a stall.

i heard the break, but i thought it might have been a stick or something in the snow.

long behold when i went to pop off a small bump (100m's down the track) into a small 180 and saw the massive crease in the board.

make things worse i am in korea. on the shitty rental today.
i am going to rape this rental on the rocky walls.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0419.jpg (100.3 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0420.jpg (68.5 KB, 87 views)
haydenbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

My son augered in his K2 last weekend off a jump!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1364685416444.jpg (43.6 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by Board Gadget; 03-30-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Board Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Don't have pictures, but I broke my Supermodel by jumping off 10-15 ft cliff and landing on my nose, did a bunch of cartwheels and noticed it when we stopped for a Saftey meeting.
MarshallV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Curious to hear what the ski resorts are like in Korea
triumph.man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydenbn View Post
i just snapped my 4 day old 162w banana magic on a small side wall doing a stall.

i heard the break, but i thought it might have been a stick or something in the snow.

long behold when i went to pop off a small bump (100m's down the track) into a small 180 and saw the massive crease in the board.

make things worse i am in korea. on the shitty rental today.
i am going to rape this rental on the rocky walls.
Maybe they should've used fiberglass!
crispynz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

I've never snapped a board, and there are many times I was sure I was going to! Knuckled some big jumps, landed tail heavy, etc.

So far the only board kill for me is rocks and my propensity for landing on them!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
ETM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph.man View Post
They are best described as very close to japan lol.
ETM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:23 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triumph.man View Post
There are many ski resorts in korea (High 1, Yong Pyong, Kojiam, Bears Town, Jisan, Daemyung vivaldi just to name a few) but generally, the closer to Seoul the smaller they are plus the snow conditions are not great because they are largely created by the snow machines. The further out of Seoul 3-4 hrs drive, the natural snow is similar to Japan, fine and dry snow however korea simply does not get the dump of snow like Japan.

The korean resorts for great for the beginners to intermediate but not so great for the advance. i.e. off piste runs is almost not existent. The piste runs are very well groomed. Facilities are generally quite good, but snowboard rental is abysmal.

IMO they are great for people with young kids who are just starting off however their ski/ snowboard schools are quite ordinary. The quality of the instructors are so so (generally speaking) and its relatively expensive if bought at the resort.

Prices can vary significantly too. They seem to have different pricing for the local vs foreigners. Generally, it is cheaper for the latter.

Last but not least, they get very crowded on the weekends to the point where you are simply dodging people as you descent down the slopes.
VHILW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VHILW View Post
There are many ski resorts in korea (High 1, Yong Pyong, Kojiam, Bears Town, Jisan, Daemyung vivaldi just to name a few) but generally, the closer to Seoul the smaller they are plus the snow conditions are not great because they are largely created by the snow machines. The further out of Seoul 3-4 hrs drive, the natural snow is similar to Japan, fine and dry snow however korea simply does not get the dump of snow like Japan.

The korean resorts for great for the beginners to intermediate but not so great for the advance. i.e. off piste runs is almost not existent. The piste runs are very well groomed. Facilities are generally quite good, but snowboard rental is abysmal.

IMO they are great for people with young kids who are just starting off however their ski/ snowboard schools are quite ordinary. The quality of the instructors are so so (generally speaking) and its relatively expensive if bought at the resort.

Prices can vary significantly too. They seem to have different pricing for the local vs foreigners. Generally, it is cheaper for the latter.

Last but not least, they get very crowded on the weekends to the point where you are simply dodging people as you descent down the slopes.

I have just finished a season as a snowboard instructor in yongpyong,
snow is shit! all about groomers and fully fenced runs in korea(they dont like hurting them selves)
High1 has an ok park, the rest are shit.

I board all the time i dont have to do much but teach like 1 or 2 lessons a week because they are about 240 us for 2 hrs at the board school.

BUT i make a fuck load of money teaching to Hongkong's, Chinese's and the Singapore's, after board school hrs normally 3-6 lessons a week at 200 us a lesson!!!!
when its busy i have cleared 5k US for a week. Around Chinese new year.

i got this job for snowboarding, i didnt think for a second it would be a gold mine!
weekdays are so quite, for me i hardly get a lesson.

Weekends is dodgen badies and snaking lifts lines and park lines (park lines can go 20 deep) but i love it.

any advanced riders should come here for the comps. some pay pretty well.
i didnt place in any but. 3 set jump line is 10k and a shit load of other stuff. 2nd is 5k and a few things and 3rd is 2k with some gear vouchers.

Any one is coming to Korea above inter level spend the few extra and go to japan.
haydenbn is offline   Reply With Quote