Canadian Online Snowboard Retailers (E-tailers) Guide - Page 15 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #141 (permalink)

In Ontario! Out with 25% sale now but what I wanted is already sold out! They still have a bunch of good stuff if anyone interested. Cheers...

Meltdown Snowboard Shop
dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #142 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder07 View Post
support local boardshops and buy local!
Great sentiment, if you can actually get what you want from your local shop.Or should you buy something lesser or that you don't really want just so they stay in business?If my local shop has what I want I will buy from them even if it is more costly but I am not going to buy just because they are local.
Sudden_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #143 (permalink)

My local shops have started their sale mid-march at 30% which beats anything the US online stores has.
Even sportmart had the K2 Raygun at $235 at one point.
hpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #144 (permalink)

Mine already at 30, 40% and 50% for 2010's! Still... Selection is limited and don't carry all brands. Ones I want are 20% off while I just found same board i'm looking for today at 50% off at US online. So I snagged it.

Don't understand why US shops go as far as 50% while it's hard to get anything good at Canada online stores above 20%!!!!

Oh well... Cheers
Old 04-14-2011, 11:21 PM   #145 (permalink)

Thumbs down thinkempire

I was looking for a longboard for off season on thinkempire. there was this one model that i really liked and the price was really good. so i decided to buy it the next day when i borrow my mom's credit card. turns out the price went up 40 bucks overnight. so i just bought a longboard at alternative113. pretty easy transaction there.
mangtarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice View Post
Mine already at 30, 40% and 50% for 2010's! Still... Selection is limited and don't carry all brands. Ones I want are 20% off while I just found same board i'm looking for today at 50% off at US online. So I snagged it.

Don't understand why US shops go as far as 50% while it's hard to get anything good at Canada online stores above 20%!!!!

Oh well... Cheers
Which board was 50% off and which site did you get it from?
hpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:53 AM   #147 (permalink)

It was s 2011 K2 www 156 wide which I got for $189 (50% off). Can't remember the site, but it was a small shop in the mid west. I found it through "bing" by mistake while I switched off google !!! Last one and they were sold out of almost everything else.

Oh, and it cost me $10 shipping (2 day UPS) to a border cross point in US 30 minutes away. I drive over, pick it up and drive back. No duties or customs. Just pay taxes and it's all good!
Old 05-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #148 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Thanks for throwing this together, definitly helped with my end of the season shopping spree (cosuldn't help myself). Picked up some burton CO2s at a great price from the source.

Another Canadian friendly US site to tack on to the list would be REI.com, bit of a steep shipping cost, but when you find a $600 board at 30% off it's worth it

edit: Aparently REI (and everyone else) advertise that they ship to Canada but in fact have vendor deals with most manufactures that they can't sell their goods outside the US border. What a load of BS

That sweet deal I was talking about was on an Arbor A-Frame, which seems to retail at just over 600 USD. That same board here in Canada retails for 750 CDN, even though our dollar is stronger. In europe it's worse, the A-frames I've seen on-line or in the shops here in France go for 750 EURO! That's over $1000!

So long story short, after much searching and phonecalls, found a board shop in Toronto that's selling the A-Frame for %40 off the retail price, and I have one on lay-away untill I get home for a visit in June. Damn thing's still costing me more than it would on REI with the %30 discount AND shipping.

Comming to the realisation that even snowboard companies are cut-throat and greedy when it comes to thier pricing just sucks. Where's the love?

Last edited by caribou; 05-23-2011 at 07:16 AM.
caribou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
(Canada) Boardzone (owned/operated by West49) is nice, but be wary. Their inventory system is a bit wonky, so if they send you the wrong item/size/whatever, you'll have to fight (with nice people) to get them to reimburse your shipping costs.

(US) Backcountry.com, Backcountryoutlet.com, Dogfunk.com, Tramdock.com, Steepandcheap.com, Whiskeymilitia.com are owned/operated by Backcountry Corp. However, you can't combine carts.

(US) Sierrasnowboard.com is also Canadian friendly.

WARNING: BACKCOUNTRY/SIERRA BOTH USE UPS FOR INT'L SHIPPING. UPS = RIDICULOUS BROKERAGE FEES
WARNING: BACKCOUNTRY/SIERRA BOTH USE UPS FOR INT'L SHIPPING. UPS = RIDICULOUS BROKERAGE FEES
UPS is the worst for Brokerage fees. Always be sure the shipper is USPS if your from Canada.
itsneversummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:55 AM   #150 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Will update this over the next while, if anyone has any suggestions let me know!
Going through the links people suggested as well.

Also, the reason backcountry etc. is fine for Canada is they add the charges to your order. It can be ok if you make a big order. At least there are no surprises at the door.

Last edited by Jenzo; 09-29-2011 at 02:22 AM.
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote