Canadian Online Snowboard Retailers (E-tailers) Guide - Page 16 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #151 (permalink)

One thing you fellow Canadians that are relatively close to a US border can try is to ship your product to a package holding place. I use Ship Happens.

This allows me to take advantage of free shipping deals that are offered to US addresses. I then drive across, pay $5 and pick up my package. I then bring it back across the border.... and usually, I don't get charged anything. Beware, that it depends on the border officer you get. But if your only spending $100 - $300 it's usually not a big deal and they just let you through. But just be warned, you should be prepared in case they charge you duty. And print off a receipt when to show the officer.

Mt. Baker is just across the border from me. Next season, I'm going to order a board, pick it up that morning, mount my bindings, and ride it for the day at Baker then bring it back
danimaltron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #152 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaltron View Post
One thing you fellow Canadians that are relatively close to a US border can try is to ship your product to a package holding place. I use Ship Happens.

This allows me to take advantage of free shipping deals that are offered to US addresses. I then drive across, pay $5 and pick up my package. I then bring it back across the border.... and usually, I don't get charged anything. Beware, that it depends on the border officer you get. But if your only spending $100 - $300 it's usually not a big deal and they just let you through. But just be warned, you should be prepared in case they charge you duty. And print off a receipt when to show the officer.

Mt. Baker is just across the border from me. Next season, I'm going to order a board, pick it up that morning, mount my bindings, and ride it for the day at Baker then bring it back
Yes I have done this many times for various things, bicycles, camping gear etc. You can also get them to ship you the packages (for those brands retailers won't ship to Canada)

I have used package express this is oood for people in Vancouver area, and there's a few in Oroville for those in the interior of BC (Okanagan) such as Ship Happens. I know a few people who have used Betta's Services as well, though they don't forward packages.

ALWAYS BRING RECEIPTS FOR ALL ITEMS WHEN YOU GO BACK ACROSS BORDER, DON'T RELY ON YOUR PACKAGES HAVING RECEIPTS!
Paypal receipts work fine.

I'll add this into the guide if I have room.
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:28 AM   #153 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Galactic Snow Sports - Used skis from: $39; Used snowboards: $29.99; Used ski boots: $19; Used snowboard boots: $19
Snowboard, Wakeboard, Skateboard, Package, Bindings, Boots
both these guys ship usps to canada.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #154 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Hey that's kinda neat, a used retailer.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:45 AM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaltron View Post

Ship happens is a life saver!

Used it so many times for some of those sites that just dont send outside of the US.
craig-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:02 PM   #156 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have done a major update to the shops and trimmed the garbage, updated the board brands. I have also done a little write up on how to use package receivers.

I am slowly trying to collect info on snowboard retailers and which have good shipping policies. Please help me out if you know of any I missed. I am looking at shops that ship USPS, UPS all inclusive or Fedex.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #157 (permalink)

Default Canadian Cartel

I am new to this site but was excited to see this thread. I picked up new gear last year but there are some new guys working out of Vancouver. I grabbed this from their FB page.

Born in the true North Strong and Free. The Canadian Cartel is a members’ only site offering limited time sales on all the top Action Sports brands for 50-70% below retail. Finally you can get the best gear the pro’s are rock’in shipped directly to your door.

It is a members only site meaning you have to join (user name and password) to get in but once you are in the prices are pretty awesome. For one more day they have Stepchild Snowboards on sale.

1) Stepchild Wms Moustache Rider - $275
2) SC P.sucks 152 - $249
3) SC Simon Pro 153 - $259
4) SC Pow Sucks 152 - $249
5) SC Chi-Borg 152 - $269
6) SC Chi-Borg 155 - $265
7) SC 32 Collab 152 - $259
8) SC JP Walker Pro - $259
9) SC Wms Harlequin $249

They have sold out of 6 models.

Hope that helps someone out. It was a lot of typing.

Couch

Last edited by couch; 10-10-2011 at 11:52 PM.
couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #158 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Added Canadian Cartel
Old 10-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by couch View Post
I am new to this site but was excited to see this thread. I picked up new gear last year but there are some new guys working out of Vancouver. I grabbed this from their FB page.

Born in the true North Strong and Free. The Canadian Cartel is a members’ only site offering limited time sales on all the top Action Sports brands for 50-70% below retail. Finally you can get the best gear the pro’s are rock’in shipped directly to your door.

It is a members only site meaning you have to join (user name and password) to get in but once you are in the prices are pretty awesome. For one more day they have Stepchild Snowboards on sale.

1) Stepchild Wms Moustache Rider - $275
2) SC P.sucks 152 - $249
3) SC Simon Pro 153 - $259
4) SC Pow Sucks 152 - $249
5) SC Chi-Borg 152 - $269
6) SC Chi-Borg 155 - $265
7) SC 32 Collab 152 - $259
8) SC JP Wlaker Pro - $259
9) SC Wms Harlequin $249

They have sold out of 6 models.

Hope that helps someone out. It was a lot of typing.

Couch
Just had a look at the Canadian Cartel site. To me it seems to function as a group buy site.

A little warning though. Even though they are selling stepchild boards for 50% off; they don't tell you the model year. I think those stepchild boards are actually 08/09 models (two seasons ago). So just a little warning, as last years snowboard models are normally already 40-50% off in most stores; and old years are usually even cheaper.
roboelmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #160 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboelmo View Post
Just had a look at the Canadian Cartel site. To me it seems to function as a group buy site.

A little warning though. Even though they are selling stepchild boards for 50% off; they don't tell you the model year. I think those stepchild boards are actually 08/09 models (two seasons ago). So just a little warning, as last years snowboard models are normally already 40-50% off in most stores; and old years are usually even cheaper.
Yes, when I Googled prices I matched up the graphics with what came up on Google shopping. The prices are in line with most sites. Not an amazing deal though as far as I could tell. I mentioned that in the listing.