Canadian Online Snowboard Retailers (E-tailers) Guide - Page 16 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Junior Member
 
danimaltron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Fraser Valley, BC
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
One thing you fellow Canadians that are relatively close to a US border can try is to ship your product to a package holding place. I use Ship Happens.

This allows me to take advantage of free shipping deals that are offered to US addresses. I then drive across, pay $5 and pick up my package. I then bring it back across the border.... and usually, I don't get charged anything. Beware, that it depends on the border officer you get. But if your only spending $100 - $300 it's usually not a big deal and they just let you through. But just be warned, you should be prepared in case they charge you duty. And print off a receipt when to show the officer.

Mt. Baker is just across the border from me. Next season, I'm going to order a board, pick it up that morning, mount my bindings, and ride it for the day at Baker then bring it back
danimaltron is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #152 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-03-2011, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Jenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vernon, BC
Posts: 819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaltron View Post
One thing you fellow Canadians that are relatively close to a US border can try is to ship your product to a package holding place. I use Ship Happens.

This allows me to take advantage of free shipping deals that are offered to US addresses. I then drive across, pay $5 and pick up my package. I then bring it back across the border.... and usually, I don't get charged anything. Beware, that it depends on the border officer you get. But if your only spending $100 - $300 it's usually not a big deal and they just let you through. But just be warned, you should be prepared in case they charge you duty. And print off a receipt when to show the officer.

Mt. Baker is just across the border from me. Next season, I'm going to order a board, pick it up that morning, mount my bindings, and ride it for the day at Baker then bring it back
Yes I have done this many times for various things, bicycles, camping gear etc. You can also get them to ship you the packages (for those brands retailers won't ship to Canada)

I have used package express this is oood for people in Vancouver area, and there's a few in Oroville for those in the interior of BC (Okanagan) such as Ship Happens. I know a few people who have used Betta's Services as well, though they don't forward packages.

ALWAYS BRING RECEIPTS FOR ALL ITEMS WHEN YOU GO BACK ACROSS BORDER, DON'T RELY ON YOUR PACKAGES HAVING RECEIPTS!
Paypal receipts work fine.


I'll add this into the guide if I have room.
Jenzo is offline  
post #153 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 12:28 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,062
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Justin is offline  
post #154 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-04-2011, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Jenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vernon, BC
Posts: 819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jenzo is offline  
post #155 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 02:45 AM
Member
 
craig-b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danimaltron View Post
One thing you fellow Canadians that are relatively close to a US border can try is to ship your product to a package holding place. I use Ship Happens.

This allows me to take advantage of free shipping deals that are offered to US addresses. I then drive across, pay $5 and pick up my package. I then bring it back across the border.... and usually, I don't get charged anything. Beware, that it depends on the border officer you get. But if your only spending $100 - $300 it's usually not a big deal and they just let you through. But just be warned, you should be prepared in case they charge you duty. And print off a receipt when to show the officer.

Mt. Baker is just across the border from me. Next season, I'm going to order a board, pick it up that morning, mount my bindings, and ride it for the day at Baker then bring it back
Ship happens is a life saver!

Used it so many times for some of those sites that just dont send outside of the US.
craig-b is offline  
post #156 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Jenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vernon, BC
Posts: 819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have done a major update to the shops and trimmed the garbage, updated the board brands. I have also done a little write up on how to use package receivers.

I am slowly trying to collect info on snowboard retailers and which have good shipping policies. Please help me out if you know of any I missed. I am looking at shops that ship USPS, UPS all inclusive or Fedex.
Jenzo is offline  
post #157 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Canadian Cartel

I am new to this site but was excited to see this thread. I picked up new gear last year but there are some new guys working out of Vancouver. I grabbed this from their FB page.


Born in the true North Strong and Free. The Canadian Cartel is a members’ only site offering limited time sales on all the top Action Sports brands for 50-70% below retail. Finally you can get the best gear the pro’s are rock’in shipped directly to your door.

It is a members only site meaning you have to join (user name and password) to get in but once you are in the prices are pretty awesome. For one more day they have Stepchild Snowboards on sale.

1) Stepchild Wms Moustache Rider - $275
2) SC P.sucks 152 - $249
3) SC Simon Pro 153 - $259
4) SC Pow Sucks 152 - $249
5) SC Chi-Borg 152 - $269
6) SC Chi-Borg 155 - $265
7) SC 32 Collab 152 - $259
8) SC JP Walker Pro - $259
9) SC Wms Harlequin $249

They have sold out of 6 models.

Hope that helps someone out. It was a lot of typing.

Couch

Last edited by couch; 10-10-2011 at 11:52 PM.
couch is offline  
post #158 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 02:00 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Jenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vernon, BC
Posts: 819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Added Canadian Cartel
Jenzo is offline  
post #159 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by couch View Post
I am new to this site but was excited to see this thread. I picked up new gear last year but there are some new guys working out of Vancouver. I grabbed this from their FB page.


Born in the true North Strong and Free. The Canadian Cartel is a members’ only site offering limited time sales on all the top Action Sports brands for 50-70% below retail. Finally you can get the best gear the pro’s are rock’in shipped directly to your door.

It is a members only site meaning you have to join (user name and password) to get in but once you are in the prices are pretty awesome. For one more day they have Stepchild Snowboards on sale.

1) Stepchild Wms Moustache Rider - $275
2) SC P.sucks 152 - $249
3) SC Simon Pro 153 - $259
4) SC Pow Sucks 152 - $249
5) SC Chi-Borg 152 - $269
6) SC Chi-Borg 155 - $265
7) SC 32 Collab 152 - $259
8) SC JP Wlaker Pro - $259
9) SC Wms Harlequin $249

They have sold out of 6 models.

Hope that helps someone out. It was a lot of typing.

Couch
Just had a look at the Canadian Cartel site. To me it seems to function as a group buy site.

A little warning though. Even though they are selling stepchild boards for 50% off; they don't tell you the model year. I think those stepchild boards are actually 08/09 models (two seasons ago). So just a little warning, as last years snowboard models are normally already 40-50% off in most stores; and old years are usually even cheaper.
roboelmo is offline  
post #160 of 191 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member
 
Jenzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vernon, BC
Posts: 819
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboelmo View Post
Just had a look at the Canadian Cartel site. To me it seems to function as a group buy site.

A little warning though. Even though they are selling stepchild boards for 50% off; they don't tell you the model year. I think those stepchild boards are actually 08/09 models (two seasons ago). So just a little warning, as last years snowboard models are normally already 40-50% off in most stores; and old years are usually even cheaper.
Yes, when I Googled prices I matched up the graphics with what came up on Google shopping. The prices are in line with most sites. Not an amazing deal though as far as I could tell. I mentioned that in the listing.
Jenzo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome