Canadian Online Snowboard Retailers (E-tailers) Guide - Page 18 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 10:56 AM   #171 (permalink)

So it looks like Canadian Cartel has changed their shipping - it is now free over $50. They also look like they have a pretty good Arson sale going right now.
couch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #172 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by couch View Post
So it looks like Canadian Cartel has changed their shipping - it is now free over $50. They also look like they have a pretty good Arson sale going right now.
lol wouldn't it be more on the up and up to just admit you are from Canadian Cartel? Every post you make is about them
I'll make the shipping changes... have to do another big update, been really busy with school and buying stuff that doesnt fit
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #173 (permalink)

Hi people!!!
Iīm from Brazil and I have a friend (my sisterīs boyfriend) that is living in Canada.
He will come back in late december and I want to buy a new board, bindings and boots so he can bring to me.
I look around at many american sites, but they donīt ship all brands to other countries. Only a few.
Besides, I really wanna know how works to buy something at a USA online store and ship this to Canada?
Do I have to pay taxes? How would I pay that?
Iīve been thinking thatīs more easier to buy at a Canada online store.
Do you know any web site to compare prices of the stores and show where can I get the best price or do I have to look into every site to see that???
I want to congratulate everyone in this forum for your great tips....Iīve already search at all websites you indicated in this forum...It really helped a lot!!!
Best regards.
OBS: My sister spent 2 last months there and loved Canada. She went to many cities....Montreal, Quebec, Vancouver, New Scotia, Lake louise, Banff, Niagara Falls and others that I donīt remember right now. I wanna go in 2013 to Banff, Lake Louise and Whistler. Maybe in 2012 if my sisterīs boyfriend continue there. Heīs living in Calgary. Easy to go to Banff and Lake Louise.
dag/rj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #174 (permalink)

Its great place to live.
Im in the mid-west so I cant really say much about our spots.
However, Big White or anywhere in Kelowna is sweet to ride

I've purchased online from the states many times.
Its the duty costs of going over the border that gets you.
Funny, out of the 6 times, Ive only been hit twice but they were huge purchases
Empire in the east has a decent online store, got my Burton Malavitas there.
There is also the The Source Online.
You will find some deals in Canada but a times you just cant avoid gambling buying online from the US.
Its not the US that screws you, its Canada's insane duties and taxes :P

Last edited by ianim8; 12-07-2011 at 07:21 AM.
ianim8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:35 AM   #175 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianim8 View Post
Its great place to live.
Im in the mid-west so I cant really say much about our spots.
However, Big White or anywhere in Kelowna is sweet to ride

I've purchased online from the states many times.
Its the duty costs of going over the border that gets you.
Funny, out of the 6 times, Ive only been hit twice but they were huge purchases
Empire in the east has a decent online store, got my Burton Malavitas there.
There is also the The Source Online.
You will find some deals in Canada but a times you just cant avoid gambling buying online from the US.
Its not the US that screws you, its Canada's insane duties and taxes :P
Not really if you use the right shipping methods. It's the shipping that kills a bit, because if you have to send something back you end up paying double for shipping. Still I save enough money that it is worth it, just make sure what you order is what you REALLY want and if possible try it on at a shop first. The only time I ever got dinged big for duty was a huge order of clothes. I almost wonder if they base their checks on the size of the order. Of course the smarter shops could just be putting "made in usa" on the invoices which would explain the lack of duty.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:48 PM   #176 (permalink)
Veteran Member

So I ordered some gloves from thinkEmpire. They came in one business day. One glove was missing a liner, I emailed the issue and a day later they sent me a new set of liners! Nice service !
Old 05-01-2012, 12:29 AM   #177 (permalink)

Hi guys, Im thinking in buying some gnu mutant bindings (want cinch ctx but no luck :-S) from us retail list here and a friend is going to receive it in her house in montreal and then send it to me in argentina. Only usps shipping is detailed, no mention about taxes, so I think maybe can be charged when she receive it right??
My question: how is the higher % they can charge you????? 8,5%???. the whole order is 220 CAD$. Thanks!!!!
<<AnGeLu$>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #178 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by <<AnGeLu$>> View Post
Only usps shipping is detailed, no mention about taxes, so I think maybe can be charged when she receive it right??
My question: how is the higher % they can charge you????? 8,5%???. the whole order is 220 CAD$. Thanks!!!!
You need to ask Argentina customs.

In most countries, sales to foreign countries are tax-free by the selling country. Ie An Argentinian buying online from the US. There is no US tax for this sale. There probably is Argentinian tax and maybe duties to be paid on bringing in foreign goods.

In Canada, for example, you pay the sales tax that you would normally have paid if you bought goods in Canada (13% in a lot of provinces). In addition, you may have to pay duty depending on the type of goods and the country of origin. In addition, you may have to pay a brokerage fee to the shipping company who basically fronts the taxes owing to Argentinian customs on your behalf. The shipping companies also get you twice by charging really high international shipping charges.

The cheapest (legal) ways to avoid a lot of these costs is to either: a) go to the US, buy the stuff and bring back yourself. Your country might give tax exemptions if you're out of the country long enough or if the value of the stuff is below a certain limit. Even if you have to pay tax and duty, at least you're saving the brokerage fee and the shipping charges or b) get it shipped by mail (USPS) Their shipping charges are much lower and the receiving postal service generally charges a pretty low brokerage fee (Canada Post charges about $5) You still have to pay the tax/duty and the mail can be slow, but usually not too bad.

I find on this forum, that a lot of people confuse taxes, duty and brokerage. Very few things (if any) are tax free, but quite a lot are duty-free (but you still pay tax). Brokerage fees have nothing to do with either, they're charged by the shipping company and they can set their own rates. Border guards may or may not do anything, it's their individual call.

In Canada, at least, you're paying taxes, extra for shipping, extra for brokerage fees. Add those all up and you need to find a pretty good deal in the US to make it worth your while. But, there are a lot of pretty good deals, particularly on car parts, some snowboarding gear, some electronics, some clothing, etc. You just need to do the math.

Last edited by Bones; 05-01-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #179 (permalink)

Great, thank you for your detailed input, as you said I found very expensive sending things from canada to Arg so I went with ebay as you can arranged with seller to remove packages, labels and lower the value (children do not do that is illegal!), and of course the shipping cost is reasonable. My Lib T.rice is on its way to argie :-P. Im an ebayaholic but never spent more than 100$ so will be dificult to sleep next 20 days till I have my hands on it hahaha
<<AnGeLu$>> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:34 AM   #180 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Anyone see any last year model Lib-Tech Skate Bananas online for a decent price? I've had some trouble with ordering stuff off of ebay recently so rather not take the risk buying a high price item from there

ps... paypal is stupid as !%$!, as long as the seller provides a tracking number they won't do anything, even if they sent you a fake/wrong item
faridk89 is offline   Reply With Quote