Canadian Online Snowboard Retailers (E-tailers) Guide - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 12:41 AM   #21 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Added Alternative 113 and Free ride board shop. Thanks for the tips totally missed those.
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Update: I ordered from Remeberdelaware.com and didn't recieve any shipping information although on their website it said my items were shipped.

Waited 2 weeks before I asked what was going on with my order. They had quick service, and told me that they ship stuff to Canada all at once to avoid customers having to pay large amounts of duty... and that I would receive an email with shipping info later that day.

While this is all well and good they did not indicate this when I purchased the items, so having to wait this long was kind of a bummer. They didn't send me any confirmation so I had to ask again this weekend and they did inform me quickly of the shipping info finally. They said they will fix this problem so hopefully they do, I would rather just pay more then wait 2 weeks personally
Old 11-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

UPDATE: Finally received my purchase from Rememberdelaware. While their customer service is great and the product arrived safely the shipping to Canada took nearly a month,and for some godforsaken reason UPS shipped my package from Utah to Winnipeg, back to Vancouver then to me :P which is bizzare since everything else Ive ordered from Utah goes straight thru Washington state... however I didn't have to pay duty or taxes!

Just ordered a park board + bindings from alternative113. I messed up my order and they fixed it fast via live chat. Prices seem really good as well. I eagerly await my park board
Old 11-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
DenBank

All these online stores got the same prices as regular stores but + shipping
whats a point of buying there?
Old 11-24-2008, 11:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Selection? No pushy 22 year old salesmen/women? Always open?

GOD IS DONUT

Last edited by legallyillegal; 11-24-2008 at 11:08 AM.
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For me its ease of comparison shopping, cheap deals, I can spend 2 hours browsing 20 stores online whereas hit up maybe 2 stores with 1/10 the selection in town.

More relaxing, noone looking over your shoulder.

Noone anywhere close to me sells neversummer or flow, POC or bern for example.

I do go to local shops as well for things like boots and clothes.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #27 (permalink)

I'm gonna toss this up as a sticky...
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:02 AM   #28 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Just got snowboard n bindings from alternative 113, killer prices there on clearance stuff, plus got a free pair of burton pipe gloves with order. Only complaint is that I ordered fedex shipping and they sent it canada post.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
Shred4Life-Bro

Hey man this is great, this forum kills and this thread is super helpful. i order online from shops all the time. here is my experience

Source Boards: Ordered a skateboard and got it in like 3 days. Then I ordered two snowboards and three weeks later I had to call them. they said that because the two boards were exaclty the same that they thought it might be an error but no one ever bothered to contact me to see. They then sent them out, so good and no so good.

Boardzone: ordered two helmets and got them in 5 days, then ordered some wrist guards and they never came so i contacted them and I guess they were out of stock but no one ever said anything or contacted me. and the person i talked to didn't give a crap and was bitch and rude like they didn't even care.

Xtreme Adrenaline Boardshop: Ordered a hoodie and got it like 2 days later. Also contacted them about some stuff that I didn't see and they got back to me in one hour and ordered it for me from their supplier. Took only a few days to get it there and then 3 days to me so I was pretty stoked. I have ordered a few more times and got the same great personable service...and they have a ton of my favorite...Nomis hoodies.

My conclusion so far is that sometimes you have good results and sometime no. as long as a shop handles problems with good customer service then i am stoked on them. Also I know that sometimes it takes shops a while to get back to you because they are waiting for someone to get back to them when dealing with suppliers...ha ha... i used to work in a shop so i know....crap runs down hill.

i will keep you guys updated when i order from more shops or the same.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:08 AM   #30 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred4Life-Bro View Post
Boardzone: ordered two helmets and got them in 5 days, then ordered some wrist guards and they never came so i contacted them and I guess they were out of stock but no one ever said anything or contacted me. and the person i talked to didn't give a crap and was bitch and rude like they didn't even care.
kmcdougall AT boardzone . com

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote