top 20 snowboard boots - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 01:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
slushpunk

Default top 20 snowboard boots

I just bought the GNU altered genteics and I'm probally going to buy the union force or rome 390 for bindings but I need some help with boots. I do mostly freeriding and looking fo a boot that will hopefully last 2 seasons based on be being a weekend warrior

From what I gather these are the top 20 boots on the market and I have no intention of trying on 20 different boots.

I would appreciate if you could list your 3 favorite boot on my list, as well as list a 3 boots which you think does not belong on this list.

DURABILITY AND QUALITY RATINGS

1 BURTON ION
2. DC ALLIGIANCE
3. DC METHVIN
4. DC STATUS
5. K2 DARKO
6. K2 T1
7. NITRO SELECT
8. NITRO ANTHEM
9. NORTHWAVE DECADE
10. RIDE FUL
11. RIDE CREW
12. ROME FOLSON
13. ROME MARSHALL
14. SALAMON F22
15. SALMON F24
16. SALOMON SYNAPSE
17. SALOMON MALMUTE
18. THIRYTWO - FOCUS BOA
19. VANS CONTRA
20. VANS ANDREAS WIG

and for fun lets add the nike zoom force one

thanks for this, I have a feeling this thread may help alot of people

ATTN - YES EVERYONE KNOWS YOU HAVE TO TRY ON EVERY BOOT TO FIND THAT FIT

Last edited by slushpunk; 10-20-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2008, 09:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
hipbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by slushpunk View Post
I just bought the GNU altered genteics and I'm probally going to buy the union force or rome 390 for bindings but I need some help with boots. I do mostly freeriding and looking fo a boot that will hopefully last 2 seasons based on be being a weekend warrior

From what I gather these are the top 20 boots on the market and I have no intention of trying on 20 different boots.

I would appreciate if you could list your 3 favorite boot on my list, as well as list a 3 boots which you think does not belong on this list.

1 BURTON ION
2. DC ALLIGIANCE
3. DC METHVIN
4. DC STATUS
5. K2 DARKO
6. K2 T1
7. NITRO SELECT
8. NITRO ANTHEM
9. NORTHWAVE DECADE
10. RIDE FUL
11. RIDE CREW
12. ROME FOLSON
13. ROME MARSHALL
14. SALAMON F22
15. SALMON F24
16. SALOMON SYNAPSE
17. SALOMON MALMUTE
18. THIRYTWO - FOCUS BOA
19. VANS CONTRA
20. VANS ANDREAS WIG

and for fun lets add the nike zoom force one

thanks for this, I have a feeling this thread may help alot of people
From what?

And dont stop at 20 boots try as many as you can ... keep going until you find the perfect fit.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
ridebm

my last pair was burton ions and they were SICK. i just picked up last year's sl-10s for less than the store's purchasing price ($230 CAD) at a ski expo in toronto. I think that you can't go wrong with a pair of Ions, and you should look at thirty-two and DC more closely; the TM-TWO or the ultralight are nice too. if it were me, i would want the Ions (looks like you do too since they're #1), and i would look into DC.

letting us know your riding style could help too, but it seems like you ride park
Old 10-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
kyouness

you should definitely check out 32's. i tried on a good many boots a few weeks ago while shopping for my gear; half of them being on that list. out of those, the 32's just felt amazing. light, warm, and comfortable for days. the tm-two's and ultralights didn't pinch anywhere and even the lashed felt like shoes.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

i have 08 burton ions and they're pretty sick. the outer layer of the string broke on my first pair but i got them replaced easy. i didn't really know how to put em on at first so the teeth that you use to lock the string probably tore it because i wasnt doing it properly. other than that, theyre damn comfortable, warm and they look sick
shredder07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
andrew_schenk

i just bought 32 Focus with the dual boa, i was hesitant about buying boa boots a few years ago so i didnt, but now with the dual they are simply amazing... now the season hasnt started so i havent had a chance to try them out, but they feel incredible, fairly light, and what i hope will be a great long lasting boot.

i would definitely suggest checking them out or any 32 boot for that matter... the TM-Two seem to be a very close boot to the Focus just standard laces.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

HAHA top 20 boots by who? The best boot is the one that fits your foot and no matter what anyone tells you its worthless advice you need to physically try them on.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
slushpunk

god I wish people would get off that quote, No shit the boot that fit's is important. But some people care about buying a comfortable boot that doesn't fall apart in a month. This topic was about gathering imformation about how some of these boots have treated them and held up.

I fit really nice in KIA car, doesn't mean I'm gonna buy it.

Thank you to the people who are actually writing valuable info

Last edited by slushpunk; 10-19-2008 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Honestly I don't think you have to worry too much about any of the brand name higher end boots falling apart. You should spend the most money possible on your boots (meaning don't cheap out on no name walmart specials, its they're like the PSU of your computer system) and of course try on many pairs.

Having said that, I 3rd or 4th the 32 Lashed, also love DC. havent tried any Burtons this year but was never a fan of the fit. My former Salomon Malamutes were built like tanks as well. The closest I ever had to a boot falling apart was the SAlomon Dialogue(lower end Salomon boot), after about 3 years of riding them they blew out a lot and were pretty flexy so I sold em. However they were in fine condition aside from water staining the leather.
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
code15

I've heard good things about the top 3.