New board help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New board help

So i've been snowboarding for 5 years now and am super comfortable on a snowboard, I have been just doing normal riding for 5 years. This year I want to focus 90% on park. My board from last year is 3 seasons old and much to small now and its time for a new board. I want a park board. I am 6'0"-6'1" 155 lbs. Any suggestions are welcome just no burtons please. And if you could when you suggest a board tell me why its good. Cause for the past 5 years i just went to snowboard swaps and found the best cheap board and bindings. I want a good setup this year.

Last edited by Gnar_DUDE; 10-19-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Gnar_DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 06:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

bump, anybody?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
snowboardcoach

I hear ya! I worked in a shop for several years and learned a thing or two. so check it out: Everyone has their brands for their reasons and boards for different reasons. You don't want BURTON! beacause? Doesn't matter, anyway I personally ride the FORUM destroyer and have been for several years hooked up doesn't matter well maybe a little but only a little FORUM has a lot of boards to choose from I can ride whatever I want and I ride the newest edition every year and as far as a board that delivers it all you can't go wrong for price and performance. Check out myspace.com/snoboarcoach in the vids and you can see versatility. Big hits to rails to bumps to powder days. But the best advice I can give is try to go to a demo at your local hill where you can sample different setups maybe you'll be surprised! Ride your friends boards....
Old 10-20-2008, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardcoach View Post
I hear ya! I worked in a shop for several years and learned a thing or two. so check it out: Everyone has their brands for their reasons and boards for different reasons. You don't want BURTON! beacause? Doesn't matter, anyway I personally ride the FORUM destroyer and have been for several years hooked up doesn't matter well maybe a little but only a little FORUM has a lot of boards to choose from I can ride whatever I want and I ride the newest edition every year and as far as a board that delivers it all you can't go wrong for price and performance. Check out myspace.com/snoboarcoach in the vids and you can see versatility. Big hits to rails to bumps to powder days. But the best advice I can give is try to go to a demo at your local hill where you can sample different setups maybe you'll be surprised! Ride your friends boards....
thank you, i'll check out forum. The local mountains are all over an hour away from me so its a pain in the ass to get to demos. I will try though, most of them are ski demos.