Great training aid The Wave Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 10:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
oldskater1

Default Great training aid The Wave Board

Hey everyone, new to the forum, but wanted to throw a shout out to The Wave Board. I picked one up last week at streetsurfing.com and I can already tell that it's going to help me get in shape and get ready for the upcoming season, well before the first snow hits. Love this thing, the feel of it is unreal once you get going on it. Cool thing is that I found a site that had a code, BIGWAVE1, that saves 10% off all sales on that site, so you can pick one up and save some bank as well.
I use to use surfing as my main training before the snow fell, but The Waveboard goes everywhere and it just feels so fluid and so much more like a snowboard. Honest, give one a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2008, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
ThinkFloyd

Are your talking about those squiggly boards with two wheels?
If so, I think those things are a joke. Sure, It's cool to be able to ride like that, but everyone I've ever seen ride one of those looks like a complete moron. I don't know what it is..
I guess it could keep your muscles warmed up and ready for the boarding season, but I can't see it being that similar to snowboarding. I'd say a freebord, or even a simple long board would prepare you better than that thing.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
forum_jiblet

i got one for 15$ used it for 1 day then threw it in the bush...
Old 11-11-2008, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
oldskater1

Don't knock it until you try it. And who cares what you look like, the wave will keep you in shape for the season. I'm telling you, my feet move better, my balance is better and my core stayed in shape all off season. I'm hitting the slopes in much better shape this year.
Honest, give one a try and tell me if you don't get hooked.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
rush340

I prefer longboarding. When you really get into aggressive carving and sliding, it starts to feel more snowboard like. It's still not going to be just like snowboarding of course, as it's a whole different experience, but it's still great to keep working your balance and muscle control.

If you like the wave boards, try LDP (long distance pumping); see www.pavedwave.org . People on the wave boards look like they're pumping with a more exaggerated motion but not getting anywhere...

Then there's downhill for those who want the adrenaline rush of going 50mph on a board.

Of course now the snows starting to fall, so I probably won't be longboarding too much more this year.