time to replace an aging '01/'02 Lamar freerider - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 12:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Leeoniya

Question time to replace an aging '01/'02 Lamar freerider

I've been freeriding on and off for a few years now but have never been serious about it, so i dont know much of the board tech/size stuff. I'm trying to replace my Lamar (dont ask me specs...it's in storage and i dont know ...which seems a too long/heavy to pursue what i'm looking for this season.

me:
Male, last time i checked
Height: 6'1" maybe 6'2"
Shoe size: 10.5, not sure what that'll translate to in boot size when i go buying those
Weight: 150 lbs.

i do have some guidelines for desired board:
- Speed must be excellent
- Carving ability needs to be top notch
- I like getting a lot of air especially on sudden dropoffs in terrain, but want to start doing jumps/flips 180s/360s etc. so i'd like a board that is light/sturdy enough to accommodate quick mid-air maneuvering
- wont be spending much time in goofy, but need to be able to land jumps goofy when needed.
- price preferably below $450

not planning on doing rails, pipe or much terrain park stuff....with this board anyway.
i live in Chicago , but planning a Colorado trip this winter with possibly other locations outside of the midwest. on weekends though i'll be going to the Michigan UP, Wisconsin, and Galena, IL, so most of it will be packed, not much powder.

i know this isn't much info, but i could use a good starting point or even a board suggestion.

thanks in advance,
Leon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 01:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
forum_jiblet

stepchild!
Old 10-20-2008, 01:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Leeoniya

that's not a board.
that's not specs of a board that would make choosing easier for me.
and that's not an explanation as to why i need to go with Stepchild.

that's a brand you like, nothing more, and it's not useful or helpful to me whatsoever.

but thanks.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
forum_jiblet

Its called google... read the specs your self so i dont have to type them... StepChild Snowboards
Old 10-20-2008, 01:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Leeoniya

as a matter of fact, i did google it. which is how i found out that it was a brand in the firast place. they make more than one snowboard if i'm not mistaken.

when someone who doesnt know much about cars tells you what they want in a car, would you give them a link to manufacturer's site and tell them to go read manuals/specsheets?

the specs mean nothing to me, i need it broken down, or just a recommendation from someone who has already been there on specifics. not a just a brandname.

i build/configure servers. if u asked me for advice, i wouldn't point you to more info you couldn't understand.

also, i'm turning 25 in 2 months, i dont need a "punk"-tude board. i dont need anything super flashy, or a company that screams "i'm different". i need something that will do what i need and do it well.....and that i can possibly put my graphics on.

Last edited by Leeoniya; 10-20-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Ride_Capita

its a general good rule of thumb to not give someone a attitude when asking for a favor and having them give you advice. You giving that guy who took time out of his day to talk to you, read what you say and think about your input then giving him a attitude is a pretty bad idea. if you want to give attitude to the people and commentators on the forum then you can simply stop posting now. Go get a burton custom x. expensive but worth it. 160.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Leeoniya

i suppose it did come off a bit strong, and i didn't mean any disrespect, so i apologize. I just dont see why someone would take the time to respond with something i cant really use. i'll check out the custom x. thanks.