Looking for a new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for a new board

Hello everybody, I'm looking for a new snowboard for this upcoming season. I had purchased a NS Revolver for this past season but it got lifted after I had used it a couple times. I guess I would consider myself an intermediate rider (I boarded 12 or so times in the 11/12 season) and will be doing mountain and park riding about 50/50. Likely more rails and boxes than jumps, but I'd like to try out the latter a bit more. I'll mostly be riding in Jersey at Mountain Creek, but I might hit a couple mountains in Virginia while I'm at school, so I won't really be getting all that much pow.

I really liked the Revolver for the brief time I used it, I was able to get some pretty good speed, granted I'm no pro, and was able to keep up with my friend who had a Ride Machete. I didn't really have any problem with catching edges or chatter when going faster on it. So I guess based on what I'm going to be doing I'm looking for a playful board that can deal with reasonable speeds and icy conditions.

I'm 5'10", 160 lbs or so and have size 12 boots. I'd prefer if I could find something for $300 or under on sale. Some of the boards I've considered so far include:

Forum Youngblood Doubledog
Rome Reverb Rocker
K2 Parkstar
Rossignol Templar
Nitro Team Series (GW?)
K2 Fastplant

Would you recommend any of these boards? If not, what would you recommend to better suit me needs? Thanks in advance for the help.
Prill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

I def. recommend NS Proto ctx 155 but its closer to $400 on sale but well worth it. Not sure if you heard, but the proto has been a Huge success because it is such a great board. it'll be playful for u doing some jibbing and jumping and it will also suit your other needs freeriding in all conditions.
So glad i got this board last april - loved it this past season!
jrlgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Neversummer Proto 155 ctx! playful all mnt. board. won't catch an edge easily cuz of NS camber/rocker/camber profile. its 26.1cm waist width fits your size boots good and i think helps with slashing through chop. can't speak for the other boards you listed. believe me or not - ns proto can help progress your riding.
jrlgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkstar, rome, team series, templar, youngblood