146 Ride Solace 07/08 or 144 Burton Feather 07/08? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 02:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
jonsport1004

Default 146 Ride Solace 07/08 or 144 Burton Feather 07/08?

Hello,
Well i was looking for snowboards for my girlfriend and found these. Ride Solace in 146 and Burton Feather in 144. The Ride i can get for about $210 and the Burton $185. She is 5'4" and 140lbs, she is a begineer and this will be her second season and my goal for her is for her to link her turns, which one will be better? We will be staying local going to mountain high and big bear, we only go 5-10 times a season and will see very little powder if any.

I also want to put last years ride lxh bindings on them, will i have trouble with the burton. I heard many sporting stores have the circle inserts for burton boards that you can ask for when u buy a board.

Thank you,
Jonsport1004
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
feel good

[QUOTE=jonsport1004;73035 She is 5'4" and 140lbs, she is a begineer and this will be her second season and my goal for her is for her to link her turns[/QUOTE]

sorry, I don't have any advice.

I just thought it was funny that Your goal is for Her to link her turns this season.

Off looks alone the feather is cooler
Old 10-20-2008, 04:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
jonsport1004

Well what i meant i guess is by linking her turns better i guess. Cause she likes to revert back to the falling leaf action sometimes. Ya i dunno, she doesnt go alot is all i wanted to get across. And hey u have to start somewhere. O and last year she only went once at the end of the season, so i guess you can kinda consider this her first season...
Old 10-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
feel good

that's cool. It took me awhile to link the turns. My husband really helped me to progress. He had to wait awhile (probably 2 seasons)for me, but now I can keep up....

Its pretty awesome to board together as a couple. Its an amazing experience to share
Old 10-20-2008, 05:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
ThinkFloyd

The Burton seems to be an all round better board for her ability and learning. And it's also cheaper. However it is probably too small for her. The Solace is a better size over all... It's a tough descision. A longer board would probably be more helpful to her, although the Burton looks to be the better ride.

Her call
Old 10-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The solace is going to be better.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
jonsport1004

Ya i have been leaning to the ride board, myself. Most likly will pick that up tomorrow, unless someone tell me a really good reason not to