Vans Fargo and Rome 390 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Vans Fargo and Rome 390

Anyone tried this combo? I tried on some size 12 fargos over the weekend and they felt pretty good...better than the others I've tried so far. I'm now wondering how they will fit with my Large Rome 390s. My current, but really old, pair of Northwave boots are a bit bulky.

I may bring my bindings in to check it out but was wondering if anyone had any experience with the combo.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

With a size 12 fargo you need to pull the heel cup out to the largest setting. I've used the fargo with the 390's for 3 seasons.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jordan

I use the 390's with Fargos, and it works good for me.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. It sounds like I should be good...and after digging my old Northwave boots out of the snowboard bag I can see that the Fargos definately have a lower profile than the old boots so they should fit fine.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quick update, as I am going to rock this combo, just replace my old Burton bindings with the 2011/12 390 Boss (really wanted the Union Atlas but they were twice the price...) to ride with my much loved 2010/11 Vans Fargos. Boots are size 10US but known to be bulky, so I went with the L/XL Romes and they fit perfectly:
  • Base plate/footbed width is perfect - boots slide in easy but have almost no lateral movement
  • Heel loops in middle position center the boots pretty much spot on, with equal heel/toe overhangs on my 159 Skate Banana (waist width 25.5cm)
  • Strap positions at middle/around center seem to fit well (toe strap shapes to the boot a lot, so still experimenting with that)

Have not had a chance to ride the Romes yet, but really looking forward to it. Definitely heavier than my Burtons (because of the aluminum vs. plastic base plate) but everybody tells me it should not be a problem.
Hope the Fargo/390 Boss combo will also work on the slightly stiffer board (looking for a TRS, T. Rice, Banana Magic, Danny Kass, or Jamie Lynn) that I am planning to move to for next season.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

This isn't a board question, this is a boots/bindings question. Who the hell posts questions like this in the wrong spot?!

Oh, wait, that was me almost 4 years ago....

P.S. the Fargo/390 combo has treated me very well for the past 3 seasons.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty34 View Post
This isn't a board question, this is a boots/bindings question. Who the hell posts questions like this in the wrong spot?!

Oh, wait, that was me almost 4 years ago....
Yeah, I noticed that right after posting (found the thread initially through search). I guess moderators could always move the thread to the correct place...

Quote:
P.S. the Fargo/390 combo has treated me very well for the past 3 seasons.
Thanks, that is good to know. What boards did you ride them on?
Old 04-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
Yeah, I noticed that right after posting (found the thread initially through search). I guess moderators could always move the thread to the correct place...

Thanks, that is good to know. What boards did you ride them on?
Rode them on a GNU 11up for a couple of years (basically a wide version of the GNU Riders Choice) and now on a T-Rice.

I just bought new boots (Ride Insanos) mostly for the double BOA, but the Fargos are still in great shape and just a little packed out.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Rode them on a GNU 11up for a couple of years (basically a wide version of the GNU Riders Choice) and now on a T-Rice.

I just bought new boots (Ride Insanos) mostly for the double BOA, but the Fargos are still in great shape and just a little packed out.
Thanks, good to know that the combo should work with what I am looking at for my next board (Hint: If anybody is selling a 157 TRS/Magic or T. Rice/Dark Series (depending on how aggressive I decide to go), hit me up.)

Side note on my Fargos: Really love them. Mine have 1.5 seasons under their belt and are almost perfect. Have not packed out much and fit better than any other boot that I have tried, especially in preventing heel lift which is a big problem for me normally. Some people say they should have a proper articulating cuff but I do not see the need. A second boa would be great in order to fine tune tightening more. As everybody knows they are bulky, so make sure your bindings are big enough...

Last edited by hktrdr; 04-06-2012 at 10:14 PM.