Arrrghh i cant decide, agent or anthem, agent or anthem - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Red face Arrrghh i cant decide, agent or anthem, agent or anthem

Sorry for the long post, i just started writing and coulndt shutup.

I was 90% sure i was going to get a Rome Anthem before i stumbled across this forum. I have scoured and read every forum post that has to do with the Rome Anthem or Agent. Im still torn but think im leaning more towards the agent now.

A bit of history about myself, i guess im still a noob boarder. Last season was my first go. I used to surf in south africa and also skate board so i think i picked it up quite easily. That balance definately helps. The instructor took me on a red run on my first day of lessons while the rest of the class were waiting at the bottom :P didnt go back for the second day. and rode a black slope on my last day of the week. (the easiest one on the mountain though but hey. Now im hooked. Im soooo keen for this season to start. But need the equipment.

Now i see myself doing 90% of my riding on the slopes next trip, i figured i need to improve my riding before i learn to jump :P lame attempt at a pun. i still wana be able to jump and maybe start a few tricks. Wont be in the park that much at all but as i read the Agent is an all mountain friendly board, that makes the mountain your play ground. I wana hit the lips and jump going off piste. wana ride powder when i find it, ledge drops. In kirchburg austria last year there were these natral half pipes, 3 mini valleys in a row that you could jump from one to the next, it was awesome.

Now theres my dilema. The Anthem would be better for freeriding down mountains and seeing as im not going to be in the park it would seem to be the one to chose. I hear its less forgiving though, stiffer and i may catch my edges a bit more and fall on my ass if i took it over the agent. it has its advantages for being able to go faster, hold its edge better, is quicker. But i guess u have to be more aggressive.

The Agent, now will it be more forgiving for the non expert? Which board would help me improve the most over a season do you think? Considering i will be riding mainly slopes. Aargghh. Its doing my head in not being able to chose. So im asking for your help!

Im looking for a board that would suite my level and help me progress the most while mainly free riding, doing some tricks but nothing to fancy.

Maybe both boards are a bit advanced for me i dont know. But im a fast learner.

Im looking at 08 versions of these boards as i found some sweet deals online. And heard the 09 agent is a bit wacked.

im also 160 lbs and 5'8 so thinking a 156 is ideal.

Binding wise i would go for the rome 390s, 08 or 09 depending on what i find. Im a size 9 or 10, still need to get my boots from the local shop down the road and that size is right in the middle of romes binding sizes. a mini dilema to chose between s/m or l/xl.

Again sorry for the long wall of text, i hope your eyes arent bleeding.
sneeuleeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2008, 08:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
crazydrummer

I was in almost your exact same position recently except i'm 30lbs light than you. I was also trying to decide between the 2. What i'd did instead was get a never summer sl-r (09). I've heard nothing but praise for this board. I ride mostly freeride and a tad bit of park. The ns sl-r is also reverse recurve and that should help with your edge catch fears a littel. I'd really suggest looking at this board. As for bindings the 390's are good either year, go with a large/xl. I got some union forces in large/xl and i wear a 9. If your dead set on one of those romes, i'd say the anthem. Just my opinion some others on here can give your better info
Old 10-21-2008, 02:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

At 90% freeride, I'd go with the Anthem.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for the responces.

As you can see by them theres no clear opinion as to what would be better for my needs!

Atleast ive got the length and the bindings sorted out. Thanks.

So maybe i should boil it down to what would be the easiest board to ride out of the 2 romes given my level... And what would help me learn the most?

Adam
Old 10-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

And thanks for the advice on the Never Summer board, it has been one i have been looking at.

And also the bit about learning on a conventional board, think thats what ill do.

Adam
Old 10-21-2008, 08:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

Well if your looking for what is probably gunna help you progress the fastest I think your gunna want to go with the Agent. The Agent for me helped with my freestyle riding and my switch riding in general. I think that is due to the almost twin shape that it has, so it still allows for decent float in powder and the stability and forgiveness of a twin.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:28 AM   #7 (permalink)

go with agent. more forgiving and plus you'll be able to learn switch a little easier.
rrrtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

if you want to progress at a good pace i'd go with the agent.it can handle anything.you wont regret it.i'll be on my agent again for this season.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Just get both....
Bagels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

<<<<<Agent rider, won't ever ride anything but rome again! I'd say go with the Agent. Still rides all mountain good, and whips the park

Last edited by RomeBeta32; 10-21-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: forgot the rest of my post!
RomeBeta32 is offline   Reply With Quote