What does high back rotation mean? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 01:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
pythagorous

Default What does high back rotation mean?

Hey guys I was looking at whiskeymilitia.com and they have technine MFM Classic bindings for 39.99 that I was looking at.

However the single review there says "No highback rotation adjustment. So unless you like your stance set at, or close to, zero they might not be too comfortable." I don't know what highback rotation means but the product description says it is height adjustable.

I was wondering what high back rotation adjustments have to do with your stance? My stance is not anything close to 0. My front binding is around 45 degrees and my back foot is around 20. I change it up a lot but it's usually a sort of extreme angle i think.

On another note, anyone know if these are good bindings.

Last edited by pythagorous; 10-21-2008 at 01:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2008, 01:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jordan

I don't know the answer to your question, but all I can tell you is that my local shop was selling these for over $200. So in comparison to that this is a very good deal.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Highback rotation is used to get your highback to be parallel to your snowboard's edge. You will get more more efficient power transfer and response if it is parallel.

It's not a necessity, but some people make use of it, especially if they have extreme angles (such as 45).

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
pythagorous

Hey thanks for the info!! appreciate it.

Yeah, I asked the guy on backcountryoutlet.com on the livechat and he said it adjusts the highback by moving it back and forth. That I can understand because I've done that before, just didn't really know what it did and what it was called haha.

I might just grab these anyway. Now that I think about it I'm going to use these on my first freestyle board and I will probably want to zero out my angle when I ride that anyway.

I got the Palmer Flash LTD from sierrasnowboards during a sale for $99. So the whole setup will be $148.92 shipped and tax included. = ).

edit: hmm I might not get these. There are no reviews on the internet basically, and of the few that I found they say negative things, mainly about inability to make adjustments or it being uncomfortable... = (. oh well. TY though guys

Last edited by pythagorous; 10-21-2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagorous View Post
Hey thanks for the info!! appreciate it.

Yeah, I asked the guy on backcountryoutlet.com on the livechat and he said it adjusts the highback by moving it back and forth. That I can understand because I've done that before, just didn't really know what it did and what it was called haha.

I might just grab these anyway. Now that I think about it I'm going to use these on my first freestyle board and I will probably want to zero out my angle when I ride that anyway.

I got the Palmer Flash LTD from sierrasnowboards during a sale for $99. So the whole setup will be $148.92 shipped and tax included. = ).

edit: hmm I might not get these. There are no reviews on the internet basically, and of the few that I found they say negative things, mainly about inability to make adjustments or it being uncomfortable... = (. oh well. TY though guys
Hmmm....it doesn't sound like the backcountryoutlet guy gave you an accurate description. "Back and forth" sounds like adjusting the highback forward lean, not its rotation. The poster before explained it correctly. Rotating the highback is like twisting the highback so it is parallel with the board's edge even when your bindings are at an angle.

It isn't really a comfort thing at all. It is more about power transfer as mentioned before, and it prevents your highback from getting in your way when trying to lean your body and legs back when doing tail/nose grabs etc.

It's not necessary for most riders IMO.
schmitty34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 05:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'm not sure about the MFM Classic, but my Technine bindings have no highback-specific adjustments (other than forward lean). There are 3 slots on each side of the baseplate for heelcup adjustments.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote