3 degree base bevel file guide? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kev711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Posts: 172
Default 3 degree base bevel file guide?

I'm having the toughest time finding a base bevel file guide that goes to 3 degrees. Has anyone see one?
kev711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,049
Default

Sun Valley Ski Tools Final Cut Base Bevel Guide 3,4,5
Bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kev711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
awesome thanks! $75 is a little steep though
kev711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,341
Default

This is what I use. Comes with a file and 3 sharpening stones. Def worth the money if you ride east coast parks.

Base-Side Bevel File Guide SKS Multi Tool + 3 DMT diamond stones w/ file
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kev711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
This is what I use. Comes with a file and 3 sharpening stones. Def worth the money if you ride east coast parks.

Base-Side Bevel File Guide SKS Multi Tool + 3 DMT diamond stones w/ file
looks like that's the one i'm probably going to pick up.

whoa..it goes all the way to 5 degrees, awesome.

i'm thinking about going to 4 degrees.....do you think that would be too much? i'm trying to get front boards on street style rails and i'd rather have a loose ride than to catch an edge on a rail.
kev711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev711 View Post
i'm thinking about going to 4 degrees.....do you think that would be too much? i'm trying to get front boards on street style rails and i'd rather have a loose ride than to catch an edge on a rail.
4 degrees is a lot and I'd suggest too much, but to each their own.

Just bear in mind that you can always take it off, but you can't put it back on. Try 2.5, then 3, then 3.5.
Bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Extremo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev711 View Post
looks like that's the one i'm probably going to pick up.

whoa..it goes all the way to 5 degrees, awesome.

i'm thinking about going to 4 degrees.....do you think that would be too much? i'm trying to get front boards on street style rails and i'd rather have a loose ride than to catch an edge on a rail.
I don't think it's too much, but it's probably not necessary. A 4 degree lightly detuned edge is better than a 0 degree fully detuned edge when you're ridning a lot of ice. 3 degrees will def lift the edge high enough off the surface to reduce catching.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kev711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bridgeport, CT
Posts: 172
Default

thanks for the great info guys!
kev711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums