Women's Binding Help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Women's Binding Help

So after posting before and a bit of thinking, i have decided to upgrade my ride vxn bindings after i found 07/08 ride dvas for 110. I was set on these before i saw a picture of the 08/09 dvas, which appear to be slightly different than last years. The major thing i noticed was the ratchets were different; the 07/08's had rides revolver ratchets and the 08/09's had something new that looked more similar to what was is on my vxns now. I havent heard great things about the revolver ratchets, and has anyone used the new ones? would it be worth shelling out the extra 70 bucks for the 09's? I did however notice that the 07/08's had originally sold at a higher price than the new ones are selling for now, and appeared to have more padding on the base and a disc cover over the baseplates, which the 09's dont have. This seems like a feature i would want to have. SO basically im just confused now, and does anyone have any opinions on which model i should grab?

The bindings will be paired with my 06/07 rome blue, and will be used for 70% freeride/30% park. I was also wondering if there were any other womens bindings that would match up well with my board that i should look at. I am a huge fan of rides bindings which is why im looking at the dva, but i would definetly be open to try something new. Hopefully someone on here knows more about womens gear than i do haha.

Thanks!
snowsam17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2008, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

heyy snow sam, i have the 07/08 ride dva bindings, and i have no complaints. I rode every weekend for the whole season, and i didnt have any problems with them. I ride 90% freeride and maybe 10% park.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

ok great ill go with those then and save some cash. thanks!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

so i know ive posted about 20 questions on this already, but after hearing several horror stories about the ride ratchets i just couldnt pull the trigger on the dvas without more research. So ive been looking around and ive narrowed my search down to the dvas, the rome struts or madisons, and the k2 virtues. I initially liked the dvas because i think they are the stiffest out of the bunch, and it looks like they have great base padding. The barrell ratchet stories have really scared me tho. I started looking at the romes because i have heard so much great stuff about their bindings, but im worried that the higher end madison will be too flexy for my taste and that the struts will be too basic and not have enough padding etc. Then i saw the virtues and was curious because ive heard a lot about the formulas and they looked like the womens version, but again im really worried that they are too flexible. I really want something that is responsive to compliment my blue. Any input is welcome. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I got my girlfriend the K2 Bliss which are very nice bindings

little lower end than the virtues but the padding is still nice so are the bases padding.

and comfy, I stap my street shoes into her board and throw a few spinners on and off my bed.
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

do you know how stiff/responsive they are? thats what im really looking to find out the virtues seem great but i dont know if they are exactly what im lookin for
Old 11-07-2008, 01:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the bliss are a step down from the virtue I think. They seem to be the same but the virtue is lighter, and has a cored toe cap instead of the standard toe cap on the bliss. If I had the extra cash to drop, and if she was good enough to notice the difference, I would have gotten her the virtues
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowsam17 View Post
I started looking at the romes because i have heard so much great stuff about their bindings, but im worried that the higher end madison will be too flexy for my taste and that the struts will be too basic and not have enough padding etc. Then i saw the virtues and was curious because ive heard a lot about the formulas and they looked like the womens version, but again im really worried that they are too flexible. I really want something that is responsive to compliment my blue. Any input is welcome. Thanks!
I just bought a new pair of boots over the weekend. The dude who sold me my boots gave me some advice: because my boots (Salomon Optimas) are a lot softer and flexier than the Burton Sables I was riding previously, I need to look for softer bindings. He explained that it's all about energy transfer -- if my bindings are stiffer than my boots, there'll be significant energy loss and I'll have to work harder to make the board do what I want it to. He recommended the Rome Struts (or Madisons) because they're softer. And because they've got features like the aluminum that wraps around just under your toes, and the pad between the binding and board, all these things would really help transfer energy between a softer boot and the board.

I hope that helps.
mag⋅net⋅ism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

yeah it does thanks! i actually just bought a softer boot too (burton axel) because the selection around here for girls sucks and they were the only ones that fit my feet. I was actually thinking i needed a stiffer binding because of this but apparently its the opposite so ill have to keep that in mind.