Ur thoughts on the 2008: k2select,k2podium,burtonAir,burtonElite? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 07:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
NCN333

Default Ur thoughts on the 2008: k2select,k2podium,burtonAir,burtonElite?

looking into getting a new board...im rather new to the sport so i have yet to try out all the brands or models...anyways i actually just bought the burton air but im looking for some information for my brother...he wants a board too...
he is 5'11' 130lbs, size 10.5 shoe, 13yrs old(doesn't really matter other than he will grow...) and we tend to be in search of a freestyle/all mountain board

we are currently looking at 2008 models cus they tend to be around $200
K2 select, k2 podium, burton elite, and the burton air(just cus thats what i got, we can't find anymore for $200 unless you need a small or big size)

any feedback/information/reviews or suggestions (and why) would be a great help. thx

oh and also...what are some good cheaper priced bindings??? and are the burton freestyle bindings good(cus they r cheap)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2008, 11:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
pythagorous

I'm no expert when it comes to snowboards and I haven't ridden any of the above, but my friends were in the same boat as you and were looking at the same exact boards pretty much. They ultimately decided on the K2 Podium for one of them, and the K2 Darkstar for the other. I'm also suggesting these boards because I'm wondering what other people will say about them haha.

It seems the Podium is a pretty decent board for all mountain and is pretty versatile. The Darkstar, from what we've gathered, is a nice freestyle board that also does well at high speeds and for all mountain use. The prices were really decent so they don't have any regrets. Oh yeah they didn't want to get any of the value Burton boards, but they were thinking hard and long about getting the Burton Custom '08 for $250 at sierra.

K2 Darkstar '08 at valuesports.com - $229.99
K2 Podium '08 at sierrasnowboard.com - $215
Neither site charges shipping & handling and no tax. I think u might pay tax if u live in cali though.

That's a pretty big 13 yr old...
Old 10-22-2008, 12:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
NCN333

yea...right now i think he is leaning towards the Podium...seems nice and at a good price at sierrasnowboard.
however... after reading some more reviews we have discovered the Rossignol Alias which seems nice and at an even better price(i think burtonavenger had some good things to say about it too) can anyone convince us this is a perfect match?
any info on any of these boards would be great...we r lookin to buy within the next day or 2
haha...my bro is pretty tall...im just a little taller...he will probably pass me by the end of the season tho...
thx for da reply...any more knowledge to be shared would be appreciated

Last edited by NCN333; 10-22-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
NCN333

anyone ridden any of these boards??? from the 07/08 season...