Do I need/want reverse camber? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Skaught

Default Do I need/want reverse camber?

I was pretty much set on buying the Never Summer Revolver-r today (I was filling out my billing info!) but I decided to see what you guys think first. If I'm not big into jibbing/buttering, is there a point in getting a reverse cambered board? I don't plan on doing anything but the occasional rail or box, as I'm more concerned with the big kickers. The reason I ask is because I found last year's NS revolver w/o rocker for $200 less. And while I'm at it, is there any difference between the 07/08 and 08/09 revolver besides the addition of rocker?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2008, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
oneplankawanka

R camber is a revolution in the industry.. If you are not going to be on one this year.. my bet is that you will be on one in the years to come.. do some research, look at the board reviews on this site... This will be my second year on R camber... do u need it?? good question.. no, but I bet you would happier with it. R camber SHINES all around not just for jibster's.... how did you get that notion?? do your homework!! and buy without the remorse you already seem to have built in.. I ride Lib TRS btx LOOOOOVE IT>>>>> Biggest thing to happen to the snowboard industry since edges in MY OPINION>>> everthing is more fun and effortless....IN MY OPINION.. I still ride cambered boards too!! Research my brother..... Talk to Burton Avenger on this site, he is a N.Summer RC rider!! but keep an open mind. good luck!!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Im following the yellow brick road this season with the SL underneath me..
Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Skaught

I am keeping an open mind. I have wanted a RC board ever since I came across it. I've read the reviews over and over, and not only on this site. I've done my hw, and I've read what burtonavenger has said. Its just hard to commit to buying a board when the exact same thing w/o the rocker is going for $200 less.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
oneplankawanka

most boards from last year are on sale??? if you want the RC then step up bro... I really honestly don't think u will be sorry. .. worth the extra $$$$ And, I think most would agree on this site>>>>> If you have read all the reivews etc etc.. I Know $$ is tight, if you can beg borrow or god forbid steal,,, step to da RC... You won't look back mate... guarantee.. Your original post gave no inclination whatsoever that you had sussed out what RC has to offer as well as not answering my question regarding WHERE you got the notion that RC was only good for JIBBING??? thats inane and wrong, and not true... really far from the truth RC does it all and does it well. One reason the price is higher for the RC is DEMAND for them.

one reason... splunge mate Splurge/plunge... DO IT!!!!

Last edited by oneplankawanka; 10-21-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Skaught

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneplankawanka View Post
most boards from last year are on sale???
Did I act like i was shocked?

Anyway, a rep at dogfunk told me that awhile ago when I first started checking them out. And money isn't tight, I could care less about spending the extra $200, I just didn't want to spend extra money for something I didn't need (or at least I thought, based on previous info I rec'd). Besides, I wasn't talking sh*t about the tech, I actually think it's pretty badass, so ease off.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you're not jibbing I'd suggest looking at the Legacy instead. Personally I hopped on a cambered board Sunday when I was letting a friend get on my Revolver R. God did that throw me through a loop I was a bit shocked with how it rode.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Skaught

Really BA? It's crazy that something could alter riding so significantly, and yet just recently become accepted. I was set on getting a board with RC, I just wanted to be 100% sure before I shelled out the $500. And I was looking at the Legacy before, I don't know how I got onto the revolver. I'll definitely look into it more.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
oneplankawanka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaught View Post
Did I act like i was shocked?

Anyway, a rep at dogfunk told me that awhile ago when I first started checking them out. And money isn't tight, I could care less about spending the extra $200, I just didn't want to spend extra money for something I didn't need (or at least I thought, based on previous info I rec'd). Besides, I wasn't talking sh*t about the tech, I actually think it's pretty badass, so ease off.
Ease off?? no need to get salty with me mate.. You asked the question, I give you the straight up honest answer>>> If you can't handle it?? not my problem.. RC does feel loose and sketchy when you ae coming off a cambered board... I go back and forth from a BAtaleon to a lib trs btx..

It just takes me a few runs to get the hang of the diff, and then I never evn think of it again. I THINK thats what BA meant when he recently got on an RC NS *(sure he will correct if wrong)
Personally I would not take advice from a "rep" at Dogfunk, but you do as you please...

I nver said you were talking shit about RC tech, not do I give a tinkers cuss if you did or do?

Your initial post sounded totally noobish.. if you still want to get all bent ...pissiing and whinging then buy one of these: BitchBoards®: Snowboards Made By Women For Women just havin fun with ya mate.. chill and peace out.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Skaught

Its all good, and in fact you actually answered on of my bigger concerns regarding the RC. I read about some people feeling the boards were loose and sketchy, but if the feeling eventually goes away, no worries.