Help Choosing New Board - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
No! The 3 Bananas are completely different boards - not only different flex, but also different camber profiles, different sidecuts, etc. Quite different boards for different purposes.
But Rookie is correct that the Skate Banana is the one the OP wants out of those 3.
ahh thanks for correcting me on that!
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagewornout View Post
How does the DC Ply compare to these models by the way? And if anyone knows (which I doubt), how do all these models compare to the 2012 K2 Brigade that I currently have?
I don't know much about DC snowboards so I won't comment on that. And I don't want to compare the Brigade to NS and Lib because it's obviously a lot lower end board, but I'll do my best to compare to to the parkstar since that's what I own. First of all the board you have is longer than an ideal parkboard for you so after you cut about 4 cm off it should at least be a better fit. The profile is a little different too. Parkstar is 80% flat, 20% rocker and the Brigade is 95% flat, 5% rocker. This will make the parkstar more fun in the park. Other than that the Parkstar just has better tech in it. It has better figerglass layering, a better core, a better base, etc.

It's hard to compare K2, Lib Tech, and Never Summer because while the Parkstar, Skate Banana, and Evo are all geared more towards park, they all have their own distinct feel to them. If it's possible I'd suggest demoing them. If you can't, maybe you can visit a shop that sells them to get an idea of the construction and flex of each board. I think you will definitely be happy with any of those boards especially coming off a more entry level board.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
I started snowboarding halfway through January. I bought a K2 Brigade 2012 with Burton Outpost bindings and Burton Invader Boots before I even hit the slopes, my intention was that I couldn't stop no matter what, because I invested money in it. First day I promised myself I'd never come back, but then the fact that I bought the gear helped a lot, I just had to learn, and now I'm comfortable doing some easy carving, scoring a number of grabs and frontside & backside 180. The Brigade has been a great learning board, but I really want to learn to ride park now, and I don't feel it suits it as well. I think I've developed some sort of fetish for rails and fun boxes, and that's what I want to excel at, as well as spinning and inverting on jumps. I'm looking for a new board to suit those needs, I'm 186 cm (6'1") and I weigh 161 pounds. The board shouldn't be completely useless in pow either, but it will be like 10% pow and 90% shredding the park and buttering in the future. (; I've been looking at the Neversummer SL, Neversummer Evo, K2 Parkstar, Libtech Travis Rice Pro, and all three Libtech Bananas (Skate, Magic, Attack). Recommendations? And what size should I get to suit my needs?
You can get away with 154-156 with your weight, and blunted edges for sure.

And I agree with the others, knock the SL and Trice (and stiffer Bananas) off your list.

Which resort will you be riding? Are you keeping the brigade? If so, you can even get something softer if its' boxes and rails and buttering.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

No, I'm not planning on keeping the Brigade, and I'm riding in Norway. So resorts along the line of Vierli, Hemsedal, Hovden, Trysil, etc. So not like Whistler Blackcomb style. Right now the Libtech Skate Banana is the most accessible to me. And you guys are saying 154-156 with my weight. Lets just say I choose the Skate Banana, should I pick a 154 or 156?
Sagewornout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
No, I'm not planning on keeping the Brigade, and I'm riding in Norway. So resorts along the line of Vierli, Hemsedal, Hovden, Trysil, etc. So not like Whistler Blackcomb style. Right now the Libtech Skate Banana is the most accessible to me. And you guys are saying 154-156 with my weight. Lets just say I choose the Skate Banana, should I pick a 154 or 156?
Personally I would choose the 154. You weigh the same as me and my park board is a 152. However, you are also about 4 inches taller. Since board length is based mostly on weight and riding style, I'd recommend the 154 for a 160 lb riding who will mainly ride park. Still, they're only 2 cm different so it won't matter a whole lot.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
154 and then forget about it.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #17 (permalink)

Ok thanks guys! I'll be on the lookout for these boards coming on sale (the Libtech already is).
Sagewornout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new board, new gear