Burton Custom 2011 vs Antler 2013/Sherlock Blackjack - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Burton Custom 2011 vs Antler 2013/Sherlock Blackjack

Hi guys! I have the Burton custom 2011 board and 2013 Cartel Est bindings. This year I finally got the right sized equipment, been ridig too big boots and bindings before, and its such a huge difference with the right size

So now I am curious after using the boardfinder on burtons site, that it seems the Burton Sherlock or the antler might suit my riding style better.
I mostly ride groomers, sometimes pow. Would like to be better at jumping and do a little park some more. Will the Flying V boards be easier to manouver when it comes to playing around?

I am going to Tokyo this weekend, and thinking of maybe picking up a board there, with the genesis bindings, depends on the price.

Any tips please?
balErik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

How do you feel about having two boards instead of one?

Assuming that you have the cambered version of the Burton custom that will be a good board for harder packed snow and icy conditions as long as you keep the edges sharp.

The Sherlock or the antler would be good complements to that board. If you ride more often in the mix of powder and soft snow then the Sherlock is the better choice. If you will be more in the park then in powder then the antler is a good choice. The Sherlock is stiffer than antler and more oriented towards powder. The antler is a little softer than the Sherlock and a little more oriented towards the park. Both are good boards for riding groomers although they suffer a little bit if the snow is very hard packed or icy in which case you should ride your Burton custom as the cambered shape is better for ice.

Enjoy, the hybrid shapes are fun and skatey rides.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the input man

If I buy a new board I will keep both I think, test them up against eachother. From what you are saying, it seems like I have the right board though, and I do like how it is to ride it, but wouldnt mind a little softer board sometimes. The slopes I ride here close to Oslo are sometimes a bit icey.
balErik is offline   Reply With Quote