Yes, another "Help me choose a board" thread... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Yes, another "Help me choose a board" thread...

Currently riding a Carbon Credit 162w. (6'1, 195lb, size 13 boot). It has 1-1/2 seasons on it and it has served me well. This has been the only board I have ever owned so I have nothing else to compare it to. I just want something a bit -

Faster
Playful
Flexible
Shorter, but still likely a wide (12/-12 stance)

I ride a mid west hill that is groomed daily. Most days consist of 85% hill, 10% glades, and 5% park. I'm looking for something that will still hold a edge, but that I can play with in the glades and have better results with in the park. Likely some sort of hybrid camber board.

More than happy to do all the research I need, but if I could get a few suggestions or pointed in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

As of yet the only thing the only board I have found with something I felt would suit all of the "improvements" I wanted was a NS HeritageX.
Derp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i think the heritage will be a lot like your carbon credit. theyve got similar stiffness and a rockered profile. I'm in the same boat, and ive considered both boards. personally im grabbing the heritage, but if i had a carbon credit i wouldnt get the heritage because they are to similar.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdod View Post
i think the heritage will be a lot like your carbon credit. theyve got similar stiffness and a rockered profile. I'm in the same boat, and ive considered both boards. personally im grabbing the heritage, but if i had a carbon credit i wouldnt get the heritage because they are to similar.
What!? CC is a soft-ish true twin with rocker profile, while the Heritage is a stiff-ish directional twin with hybrid camber. Not that similar really...
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

I know there isn't a "industry standard" when it comes to flex meters. I believe my CC is listed at like 6.5 out of 10 while NS has the Heritage listed at 5.5. Not sure what the damp meter represents though. So I just assumed the Heritage would be softer than the CC is.

I definitely feel I could benefit from a hybrid camber profile though. I don't want pure camber and already have a rocker. From what I understand, a hybrid should be a tad faster as well since less surface would be on the snow?
Old 04-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Bumping my own thread as I look at more boards.

Now considering the NS Legacy, Nitro Team Gullwing, and perhaps the GNU RC as an upgrade for me?

Would anyone who rides those boards happen to know if I would find more enjoyment with those choices over my current CC?
Old 04-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Never been on a CC, but from what I've read, moving up to a Heritage isn't going to help with the playful/flexible parts.

I was going to suggest a Rider's Choice as that has a mid-flex and is pretty fun and fast too.

Legacy seems more like it than the Heritage. Or even the Proto X if you're sticking with NS.

Maybe someone with CC experience can help, but is the Legacy/ProtoX even more playful than the CC? I''m thinking you need to bump down to the Evo especially since you say better results in the park.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #7 (permalink)

The Heritage is a relatively stiff all mountain charger. Out of the Never Summer line you'd probably like the Proto CTX better. Some other boards to consider are the Jones Mountain Twin, Yes The Greats, and Niche Aether. I have the Aether LTD and it's an awesome board for what you're describing.
suburbanlegend8 is offline   Reply With Quote