Sizing question for Rome artifact rocker? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sizing question for Rome artifact rocker?

So I'm just a couple days out from ordering a new board, I'm an intermediate rider looking to just make a jib/park board so I decided on the artifact rocker after test riding the signal pro rocker. My question is what size should I get? The 150 or the 153? I'm 6 feet 160-180lbs depending on my wrestling schedule. The guy at my local shop advised me to get the 150 for a park board but it seems kinda small for me, I rode a 148 last year and it was fun for spinning and grabs but seemed unstable when I picked up any speed. Any advice or opinions on this would be greatly appreciated!! SHREd On!!
Punkwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwest View Post
So I'm just a couple days out from ordering a new board, I'm an intermediate rider looking to just make a jib/park board so I decided on the artifact rocker after test riding the signal pro rocker. My question is what size should I get? The 150 or the 153? I'm 6 feet 160-180lbs depending on my wrestling schedule. The guy at my local shop advised me to get the 150 for a park board but it seems kinda small for me, I rode a 148 last year and it was fun for spinning and grabs but seemed unstable when I picked up any speed. Any advice or opinions on this would be greatly appreciated!! SHREd On!!
I'm 140 and am getting the 150. It's a noodle man.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Just to clarify I didn't ride a 148 all last year just messed an edge up bad at afton alps and borrowed a friends back up board for the rest of the day. Still any thoughts or opinions on the 150 vs 153 would be appreciated thanx
Old 04-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Personally I would get the 153. I'm 5'9 160 lbs and my park board is a 152. I'd be fine with either the 150 or 153 but considering the Artifact Rocker is seriously one of the softest boards I've ever seen, I'd go with the 153. You, being bigger than me, would probably want the 153 as well.
Rookie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Just to clarify I didn't ride a 148 all last year just messed an edge up bad at afton alps and borrowed a friends back up board for the rest of the day. Still any thoughts or opinions on the 150 vs 153 would be appreciated thanx
Hey just realized you're from MN too! Welcome! I rode at Afton about 5 times this past season. Best place near the cities although I do try to get up to Spirit Mtn whenever possible.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

Nice! I mainly ride giants ridge with multiple trips all over the country! I was at afton 2 different days this year for the first time. I thought the runs where super short, but they had such impressive park features all over the place I was in jib box heaven lol. I also really liked their rail city area I've never seen so many different rails in one little area. How was spirit mountain this year never made it to Duluth this year?
Old 04-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Nice! I mainly ride giants ridge with multiple trips all over the country! I was at afton 2 different days this year for the first time. I thought the runs where super short, but they had such impressive park features all over the place I was in jib box heaven lol. I also really liked their rail city area I've never seen so many different rails in one little area. How was spirit mountain this year never made it to Duluth this year?
Ya Afton's not that big, but it's not bad considering the size of the hills around the cities. If you want park riding, look no further than Hyland in Bloomington. Idk if you've heard of it but it's pretty small (175 foot vertical) but is often ranked one of the top parks in the midwest. Spirit was pretty good this. I feel like it takes them a while to open up fully (like middle of January), but once they do, it's my favorite place in MN to ride on days they're not packed out. I love the features they have in their park and the runs are so much longer than any resort in MN south of Duluth. I've never been to Giants Ridge or Lutsen though.