New Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Board

Hi,

so i want to get a new board in the sale for park riding, mainly jumps (after a year off due to a cruciate ligament rupture i ve snowboarded 4 weeks this season and managed to do a tailfish shifty in the medium line). I like buttering on the slopes as well as going off piste, but it should be a parkboard, since i consider using my old rome manual (2010) 159 wide board for powdering in case the parkboard doesnt work as well as the manual inthe few pow days i ll probably getting in the Alps.
I weight around 74 kg which is around 163 lbs i think, 6 foot tall, bootsize US 11 (though i think my snowboots are 11,5 for some reason - Salomon F20) and am 19 years old so i won't grow anymore i guess.
I rode a Burton Whammy Bar 155 for one run. Was lots of fun on the piste (360 while "standin"?! ) but didnt have the chance to try it in the park - guess it's not as stable as zero camber boards on jumps ? though the questoin is: will i ever be good enough to really feel the difference ?
so i considered the following boards so far:

Ride Buckwild 156 wide
Lib Tech Skate Banana 156 wide
Bataleon Airobic 156 wide
Nitro T1 156 wide

Any other recommendations or tips on the size of the board ?
Looking forward to your answers, sorry for the bad english and stuff, I m foreign
Teh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2013, 02:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

no advice ?
Old 04-11-2013, 05:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

First of all you don't really need a wide board. Maybe a midwide if it makes you feel more comfortable. Especially for your park board you will want something more maneuverable.

As for your list:

The Buckwild is a great board but definitely on the stiffer side. Possible to butter but more of a jump board.

Skate Banana is not the greatest board around. It feels a bit outdated and there are better options.

Airobic is pretty soft and buttery but I'm not sure about bigger jumps with it. Also you should try TBT before you buy it.

Don't know much about the T1.

My suggestions:

Arbor Blacklist. Midwide rocker board that just does everything in the park. Far better than the Skate Banana.

or

YES Basic. Great all around board that you can take anywhere. Buttering and jumps are no problem.
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

I second the Blacklist. It will be great in the park. If you are more into jumps you could also take a look at Salomons' Sabotage and Villain or the Capita DOA.
firlefranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the replys!

What do you define as "bigger" jumps ?
What waist width should i go for than? Is 156 alright ?

the Yes Basic is directional, isnt it ? ACtually wanted to buy a twin.
Actually i have no idea where to get a Arbor board in Germany.

Sabotage, Villain and DOA all look interesting though i wonder if a 252mm waist width will be wide enough for me ? Figured there is a 155 version of the Villain with 259mm...

Last edited by Teh1; 04-11-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have about the same stats and ride ~155 in the park. 156 is alright. As for waist width I would aim about smth in between ~25,5 - 26,3, considering I'm perfectly fine with 25,6 on my Salomon F3.0 (sz. 11.5).

edit: Found a Blacklist 157

http://www.hot-zone.tv/de_DE/index.p...k-Urban-Rocker

Last edited by firlefranz; 04-11-2013 at 06:18 AM.
firlefranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

hi again,

I thought about the boards and narrowed it to the Arbor Blacklit 157w (reviews say it s not the poppiest board ?), Salomon The Villain (Classicks) 155w and the Ride Buckwild 156w. I actually favour the Salomon and the Ride but can't really find the big difference between the two!
I won't be able to test them as it's season ending already, but I m afraid that they ll rice prices again next season when there are testivals again ?
Can anyone tell a difference between the boards or has riden one ?

thanks for replies!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by firlefranz View Post
I have about the same stats and ride ~155 in the park. 156 is alright. As for waist width I would aim about smth in between ~25,5 - 26,3, considering I'm perfectly fine with 25,6 on my Salomon F3.0 (sz. 11.5).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh1 View Post
I thought about the boards and narrowed it to the Arbor Blacklit 157w (reviews say it s not the poppiest board ?), Salomon The Villain (Classicks) 155w and the Ride Buckwild 156w.
Again, you do not need a wide board. While it really depends on the width at the inserts, generally speaking 25.5 waist width is plenty - even less could be fine, but any more is not necessary and will just make edge-to-edge slower. 26 and more is much too wide.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

uhm .. that brings the Capita DOA back in the game!
Is 25.2 wide enough with 12 front and -9 back ?
Old 04-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh1 View Post
uhm .. that brings the Capita DOA back in the game!
Is 25.2 wide enough with 12 front and -9 back ?
It would be plenty wide enough at 0/0 so yes 12/-9 would be fine....

25.2cm is 9.9### inches, thats 0.5"(1/2") overhang heel and 0.5" (1/2") overhang toe (@0/0) once your all centered with a size 11 boot. Thats perfectly fine. Im riding a 9.75" waist width with size 10's and .5" over hang heel and toe at 0/0, im yet to have a problem.
tj_ras is offline   Reply With Quote