Deciding on new snowboard... HELP! - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
View Poll Results: Which board should I get?
Rome garage rocker 9 52.94%
Nitro cinema 2 11.76%
Capita stairmaster 6 35.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The only reason I would take it outside the park is if I was going to be buttering on shallow hills. If you aren't buttering or are using steeper hills I definitely wouldn't recommend it outside of park. It'll be a whole lot softer than the pickle. I don't have experience we the garage rocker but I'm pretty sure it's noticeably softer than the park pickle as well.
Rookie09 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie09 View Post
The only reason I would take it outside the park is if I was going to be buttering on shallow hills. If you aren't buttering or are using steeper hills I definitely wouldn't recommend it outside of park. It'll be a whole lot softer than the pickle. I don't have experience we the garage rocker but I'm pretty sure it's noticeably softer than the park pickle as well.
Okay yeah,I am definitely not getting the artifact Lol now I am between the garage rocker and k2 park star.....
Thanks for all the info!
LTP1996 is offline  
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTP1996 View Post
Okay yeah,I am definitely not getting the artifact Lol now I am between the garage rocker and k2 park star.....
Thanks for all the info!
The Parkstar is the better board between those. It has more tech (better base, better fiberglass layout, etc). I am somewhat biased since I own 2 of them though. The garage rocker is a good choice too because it has a similar profile, quite a bit cheaper, 2 year warranty (vs K2's 1 year), and I would guess Rome has the better customer service. Judging solely by the board though I would take the Parkstar every time.
Rookie09 is offline  
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 07:59 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie09 View Post
The Parkstar is the better board between those. It has more tech (better base, better fiberglass layout, etc). I am somewhat biased since I own 2 of them though. The garage rocker is a good choice too because it has a similar profile, quite a bit cheaper, 2 year warranty (vs K2's 1 year), and I would guess Rome has the better customer service. Judging solely by the board though I would take the Parkstar every time.
Sweet,I currently have a k2 raygun,and it dose handles everything pretty good,just want something a little softer/more park oriented.
I am assumeing it is a little softer than my raygun....I hope...lol
either way I am loving k2 so i couldnt go wrong
LTP1996 is offline  
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-01-2013, 01:52 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTP1996 View Post
Sweet,I currently have a k2 raygun,and it dose handles everything pretty good,just want something a little softer/more park oriented.
I am assumeing it is a little softer than my raygun....I hope...lol
either way I am loving k2 so i couldnt go wrong
I haven't used the Raygun so I can't comment on how its flex compares to the Parkstar. In my experience though, my parkstar was pretty soft right when I get it and after I used it 5-10 times and broke it in, it got even softer. Not noodly soft, but real easy to press and butter without much effort. The parkstar definitely has better tech in it than the Raygun as well. I also find it to be very fast for a park board, probably due to the sintered base.
Rookie09 is offline  
Reply

Tags
$300, capita stairmaster, nitro cinema, reverse camber, rome garage rocker

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome