Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Deciding on new snowboard... HELP! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/78954-deciding-new-snowboard-help.html)

Jimmy b 04-10-2013 10:55 PM

Deciding on new snowboard... HELP!

Hey, this is my first post on this forum! I started snowboarding 2 years ago and have been buying crappy boards off of Craigslist... This spring I decided its time to get myself a new board! I am 5'10" 160 pounds but I want a wide, reverse camber, soft board and I don't want to spend any more than $300.... Hahaha

Right now I am trying to decide between:
Rome garage rocker- Rome Garage Rocker Snowboard - Wide from Dogfunk.com
Nitro cinema- Nitro Cinema Snowboard - Wide from Dogfunk.com
Capita stair master- Capita Stairmaster Snowboard - Wide from Dogfunk.com

I originally wanted the burton blunt, but then I realized everybody has it and I hate when people have the same gear as me haha

If you know anything good or bad about any of these boards let me know! Or just pick one out for me and give me one good reason! Thanks!

Rookie09 04-10-2013 11:19 PM

Well the Capita is traditional camber, the Nitro is hybrid camber, and the Rome is flat/rocker so none of those options are full reverse camber. The Rome will be the closest though. Any of those boards will be solid for a first or second board. You could also check out Rome Artifact Rocker and K2 WWW. Both of those are full rocker and VERY soft, if that's what you want. Also from nitro, there's the Haze, Rook, and T1 that are soft too but won't be full reverse camber.

timmytard 04-11-2013 12:08 AM

Just stop buyin' shitty boards off craigslist.:thumbsdown:

Only buy good ones, that's the trick:eusa_clap:

Do you guys need a tutorial or what?

TT

Jimmy b 04-11-2013 09:04 AM

Thanks! I'm probably going to get the Rome garage rocker now! :eusa_clap: I was also considering the artifact rocker but 3 of my friends have it... Haha

Anticrobotic 04-12-2013 05:05 AM

Good thing you didn't go for the Blunt, it's a shit board. ˆˆ

LTP1996 04-29-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy b (Post 906618)
Thanks! I'm probably going to get the Rome garage rocker now! :eusa_clap: I was also considering the artifact rocker but 3 of my friends have it... Haha

thread is a couple weeks old but not a dino....lol

How is the flex of the garage compared to the artifact?
Looking for somthing with more flex than my k2 raygun and my buddies park pickle,both feel about the same,just a little to stiff for my park liking.
been interested in these boards for a little while.

Rookie09 04-29-2013 10:22 PM

basically you can't get a softer flexing board than the artifact. garage is still pretty soft though

LTP1996 04-29-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookie09 (Post 934882)
basically you can't get a softer flexing board than the artifact. garage is still pretty soft though

sorry not to thread jack this.....
But like how soft? as in compared to ther boards

Rookie09 04-29-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTP1996 (Post 935010)
sorry not to thread jack this.....
But like how soft? as in compared to ther boards

take any board you can think of. the artifact is as soft or softer. it's a noodle.

LTP1996 04-30-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rookie09 (Post 935050)
take any board you can think of. the artifact is as soft or softer. it's a noodle.

Haha okay cool,would it kill me if I tried it outside the park?
What about the garage rocker? I have ridden my friends park pickle and that was still to stiff ... And slow,not sure why,just felt.....blah