Bataleon Anyone? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Regarding the TBT, here's my review of Lobster Park Board which will be somewhat similar to what you'll get with Evil Twin / Boss

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/sno...ark-board.html

I can't compare TBT to other sorts of Hybrid or RC boards, as I've only ridden traditional camber boards, but I can say that I love it.
stan_darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2013, 04:11 AM   #12 (permalink)

For me demoing was'nt an option so I took a shot with the Goliath. I came from a regular camber board and was well aware of the polar opinions towards TBT. I have to say after the first few runs I forgot all about it and I've never looked back since!
King_Pin_Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the evil twin was too stiff for me as an all mtn board....and by all mountain, I mean hard pack groomer and small park. ET would be o.k. on big park, fresh snow and off-piste, but I decided to try something much softer next season (I already bought the airobic, but the whatever looks interesting, too)
extra0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

I believe Bataleon's best spec'd board is their Enemy for an all-around mountain twin.

Although, The Jam, Goliath & Whatever are definitely in your boat of a freestyle board for all purposes... mostly pending what flex you want. I do think the Jam is the board you are inquiring about.

The Enemy is a crazy price, but The Jam would definitely be a solid bet. I have an Omni and it slays the mountain while also having some freedom of a freestyle - any TBT I think has a little freestyle to it with the rocker(from the concave tip & tail), so I actually think the Omni could work for you as well even though it is definitely not a true twin.

People rave about the Evil Twin... but, I know next year their Boss comes out which many will like.

Also, if you don't want TBT, check out the Niche Story or some of the Stepchilds. Lobster also has TBT, so definitely look out for them even though they are more geared towards park & jib.

By the way, try not to let one loser spoil your next beer at the lodge...
BoardChitless is offline   Reply With Quote