Need help with finding a board for me - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Borealys

Lightbulb Need help with finding a board for me

Hello,

I'm new to these forums so if I didn't post in the right section I'm really sorry!

I'm kinda lost as to which board to choose for my level and style. I'm 1m80 which is I believe 6ft tall and around 150lbs. My boot's size should be either 9.5 or 10 US (men size)(I'm a woman). I have 4 seasons behind me, but I haven't been on the slopes for 3years now. I have mainly ridden 2 boards in my life:

- My first board was an Oxygen (155, beginner type board but I absolutely can't remember the name of the model right off) and I had step-in type bindings. Very hard to learn what I wanted to learn with this setup, because the board was very unstable (shaking a lot when speeding) and heavy as hell.

- My second board was an APO Amanite 2006 (155 as well) with M9 Flow bindings. Let me tell you, what a change!! The board was very stable and much lighter! I had a lot more confidence when riding with it. This is with this board that I placed my first 180. It was just the perfect setup for my level and style. For what I gathered it's an Advanced Freestyle oriented board but very versatile. Unfortunately I could only ride this board for 3 or 4 times, and I won't be able to have it shipped to me in the U.S. because UPS told me that would be the price of a new snowboard package. Ain't it crazy??

So basically what I need is a stable board when going fast to take jumps, but you won't see me in the park because I haven't learnt enough yet, however I will take a jump wherever I see them on the slopes. (would love to go to the park in the future though) So adapted to my level and style but still need to be of a reasonable price. (Sorry to write so much! But I don't know the technical terms in english and the terms vary so much from a language to another!! So I thought the best would be to be as precise as possible)

I was advised a couple of boards:
- Burton Custom
- Burton Deuce (I really love the looks of this one)
- Gnu CHB MTX

Will any these boards be good for my style and level? Which would be best? I intend to buy another set of M9 bindings, will this be a problem when putting them on these boards?

Any suggestions or advices are more than welcome! Thanks in advance!!

Bo

Last edited by Borealys; 10-23-2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Adding info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2008, 04:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Borealys

Nobody?
Old 10-24-2008, 10:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Borealys

The Deuce was a board that I liked by the looks of it and specs attributed to it ... but of course I wouldn't buy a board just for its looks. As I was unsure (not been on the slopes in a while and forgot most of the little knowledge I had) and I had been looking at dogfunk's website for snowboard clothing I went and ask one of their livechat people if they could advise me on the choice of a board, they said they could...

The guy advised me the custom and the gnu and I asked him about the deuce as well he said it should be good as well... the thing why I haven't gone to a shop yet is because I'm currently located in south florida!! lol (moving next month to NC for work). They may have snowboard shops down here but I don't know where they are located... If I can find a shop I will go and ask but I have my reserves about it still... because south florida is not a mountain area lol!

The thing that concerns me a little bit are the "holes" on the burton boards where you place the bindings... I have never owned a burton board and I'm fixed on the M9's from flow because it was just awesome when I was ridding my APO board with them (my feet had never been so comfortable and I had tried normal bindings several times with rental boards too, it's just not the same to me) so I hope if I make my mind on a burton board at the end that they will be compatible...
I will take a look at the brand head. thanks a lot mpdsnowman

Last edited by Borealys; 10-24-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: adding info
Old 10-25-2008, 01:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Borealys

Just saw the thread was moved really sorry about that!
Old 10-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Borealys

Ok yesterday I went to a shop and the guy was advising me the Destroyer from Forum. Making some searches on the web, I also found the Destroyer LTD from Forum of last year at a good price, but I was wondering if it was the same board or another model?
mpdsnowman I checked on their head boards too, he showed me the Matrix model but it was a bit too stiff. Do you have any suggestion of board from that brand by any chance?

Thanks in advance.

-Bo