hey im new and i have a question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default hey im new and i have a question

so... my question is what board and etc i should buy, ive been skiing for a looong time and 2 years back i tryied snowboarding and it fucking rocked! så i sticked with it but i allways rented boards and all that and now i think i want my own

im 1.82m high and weighs 64kg's im not really sure what i want to use my board for other than NOT race and not street (or what you call it when its off the mountain? im riding alot of bmx and i ride street there xD but i dont think its me on a snowboard)

so... what is a good beginner board?

thanks for the help
anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2008, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Borealys

hey anders.
I'm new as well so I figured I would say hi.
According to your weight and height I think a board between 155 to 160 tall should be good... but of course that depends on what is your riding style. I have no experience with BMX whatsoever so I don't know what is race and street.
Freestyle is park, pipe and stuff like that. Freeride is more the speed stuff and off slopes, pow etc.
All-mountain is a compromise between the two styles aforementionned. There are all-moutain boards more oriented to a style than another like "All-moutain Freestyle" and "All-mountain Freeride" if I'm correct.
Since you ask for a beginner board I would say an All-mountain board is the best for you... but I don't have much knowledge because I have stopped snowboarding for 3-4years (and also I don't know all the english technical terms yet) but I intend to start again this winter. So hopefully this will be helpful to you but I would advise you to wait on the response from other people though!!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks i dont think we can comepare bmx with snowboarding so just dont think of that (but if any one rides bmx and thinks it can be compared to snowboarding then i rade park and street when i ride bmx also i dont like tech tricks on bmx.. i like to go big and flow around) and do you have any links for some good boards?

last year when i rode snowboard i really liked to go a litle of the track and ride the powder and hitting small jumps and so on.. so yeah i would really like som links
anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
N~R~G

damn american measurement system & ignorance to the rest of the world's way. i need to learn the metric system cuz to me it sounds like you're about the size of an ant! when in reality you're taller than me! lol.

silly 'mericans!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Borealys

I wish I could help with that... but honestly I have forgotten a lot of what I knew and I'm waiting for a response on the choice of a board for myself I'm sure somebody else will be able to give some links and help you determine which type of board would go well with your riding style and all though!
Old 10-23-2008, 03:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Borealys

lol N R G that's not american measurment system!! they use feet and pounds still and I'm lost as I'm used to meters/kgs hehe
Old 10-23-2008, 03:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Borealys

I'm 1m80 (close to 6ft) somewhere between 65 and 70kgs (last time I checked, 2weeks ago I was 140lbs but I'm sure have taken weight since) so he is I would say 6ft 142 lbs (not sure though!!)
Old 10-23-2008, 04:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You got the conversions right. Its 2.54cm/in and abouts 2.2lbs/kg.

I'd actually put you on someting around 151-153. I'd look into the TRS BTX 151, Neversummer SL-R 151, Capita Stairmaster 152, Capita FCG 153, Ride DH 153. Theoretically, the rocker boards (TRS BTX, SL-R) should be easier to learn/progress on. Just a thought.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Borealys

Oh really? I was always told to choose boards around 155 and longer for my height (since he is close to me height-wise I thought it would be the same). Sorry anders it seems I was wrong lol :s
Old 10-23-2008, 10:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Borealys

Ah ok I see! Well in my case I guess I had other factors playing in the choice too (I'm a tall woman riding men boards and I'm freestyle oriented) so there you go anders you got your infos