Brand Loyalty... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Brand Loyalty...

Do you have any Brand Loyalty to companies that have treated you well, or that you have bought products from that left you 100% satisfied?

Good experiences...

Never Summer
Best Service from a snowboard company ever! The only boards I will buy from now on.

Mervin
I couldn't figure out what board to buy, so I sent Mervin an email, they suggested the Rider's Choice from the riding I would do, this is was my third Mervin board,I also bought a pair of Bent Metal bindings that are decent for the price.

Rome
One of my binding straps kept coming loose, I had new straps and buckles to my door in a couple of days. I needed a 3 hole plate to try a Burton board, new plates within two days. These guys are awesome! I own a pair of Targa's and 390's. One of the best bindings out there. I will be buying these bindings again.

Volcom
For the price, I find their stuff to be pretty damn good!

Spy Goggles
I am pretty loyal to Spy, their lenses are the easiest to find and most reasonably priced (although I wish they hadn't dropped the Orbit). They are durabe, comfortable and don't fog.

Not so good... wouldn't buy again

Northwave - Great boots, laces snapped and it took a lot of bitching to warranty to get new laces sent. This while they were still under warranty. Warranty guys were dicks.

Prior - These "high end" boards are not durable at all. Was my most expensive and least favorite board. Never buying another Prior.

Ride - Bought some bindings for my son, crappy product. They had so much loc-tite on the screws that adjustment was a pain. They fit very few types of boots.

Thirty Two
I bought Thirty Two TM-Twos, they started to tear, and Thirty Two had them exchanged for Focus Boas no problem. Update: Focus Boa's lasted 30 days before starting to fall apart. Heel separated, boa knob broke off the boot. Bought a pair of TM-Twos end of season(yeah, lesson not learned) and they started to come apart after 2-3 days.

The Never Summer SL-R is the best all mountain board I have been on... Ever.
Buy it... Ride it... Love it...

Last edited by Zee; 11-27-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Updated with new opinions...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2008, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
siberianmist

after going through millions of gloves, boots, boards, bindings. i have no one brand im stuck on. i favor rome boards, and oakley goggles. everything else is up in the air. but 1 thing i am certain of is stay the hell away from all dc products.

the pants suck, the boots suck. i have had several pairs of both and they are terrible quality.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I like Union and Capita. Pretty much all do to TJ Schnieder. I had some questions about the business, products and how to get into the business. He emailed me back in around three hours, this was at 1am. I've contacted him a few more times and his answers were always quick and helpful. I've had the opposite experience with Rome. They took around a week to answer, weren't very helpful and my second query was never answered. So far I like LibTech too. I've heard 3-4 stories of guys busting their 4-5 year old decks (one rode about 100 feet on asphalt, on accident, turned his base to shredded cheese) and Lib sending them brand spankin new ones within two weeks. I emailed them about proform stuff and recieved a well instructed answer within the hour. I really don't like DC. Their boots don't last, their shoes last about 4 months with normal wear and tear, and the only thing I've liked about their outerwear is they use good zipper and always seem to come out with sick colors. And finally, I heart Vans. I have three pairs, soon to be 4. I bought authentics and didn't put on any other pair of shoes for 5 weeks, I own about 10 pairs that previously got pretty even wear-time.

But in general, I'll normally tell people "Hate products, not brands."

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634

Last edited by Nivek; 10-23-2008 at 10:45 PM.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

i always look at Vans first for shoes

even when a pair of fargo were found to be defective, i remained loyal, and so i should! they properly looked after me!

otherwise, i would always consider burton hardware purely from the POV of past experience, both when kit lasted really well, and when it broke and was quickly replaced with no stress.

the only company i have encountered, who sucked balls is no longer in bidnis. nuff said.

mind you westbeach treated me badly until my retailer saved the day and so i am less inclined to buy them now. do they still exist?
Old 10-24-2008, 08:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I also find stuff from MEC to be very solid quality.

The Never Summer SL-R is the best all mountain board I have been on... Ever.
Buy it... Ride it... Love it...

Last edited by Zee; 10-24-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:35 AM   #6 (permalink)

Spy Goggles have always been great for me. I love Vans, even though my boot was destroyed they sent me a new pair after a full season riding them, which I thought was awesome.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm partial to Northface outerwear. I've put my stuff through hell and I could return most of it and it fits me really well. But I do have Burton, Smith, Forum, etc. other stuff.

I'm a huge stickler for fit and function and pay for it.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

See I had the opposite experience with Spy... I broke a pair of Orbits and they were like sorry you have to buy new ones. I've had good experiences with the majority of the companies I've dealt with. I do have to say that Drake is probably the best though I don't ride their bindings anymore it's not due to their lack of customer service. They've fixed a pair of bindings for me that are over 7yrs old now and never have a problem sending me stuff. Ride has been pretty good in support as has Rome and Nitro. Only problems i've ever had actually were with Spy and Burton other than that I can't complain.

I don't have brand loyalty per se, but that's due to wanting to try a number of different technologies and ideas that are from different companies. That said I will always recomend the ones I've had good experiences with to other people.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

sessions. got a pair of pants on SAC last year and they are amazing. will prolly be moving to all sessions outer wear in the near future.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
feel good

I like Burton boards. Their women's selection is great!

I also have expierienced pretty decent customer service with them for my hubbys bindings.

However their boots have been less than satisfactory... I will go with a diff co when I buy my next pair.