Mervyn twin boards in Pow? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Fire on Ice...and Powder!
 
GreyDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,578
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by walove View Post
Did you read this thread?
Yah. I started this thread.
It's about Mervyn twin boards in pow.
The comments indicate that a dedicated pow board is a good idea, which none of the Mervyn boards listed are.

Therefore I asked for suggestions for DEDICATED POW boards that ride switch well.

There were no comments that the Charlie Slasher rode well switch in pow, just that it rode pow well. If it does, I'd appreciate an indication to that effect.

BTW, your first post is rather cryptic. You make reference to the Skate Banana, Snow Mullet, and Charlie Slasher. What is an "an" and a "miller"?

Last edited by GreyDragon; 04-26-2013 at 02:40 PM.
GreyDragon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
 
wrathfuldeity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bham
Posts: 5,209
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
forget the Charlie for switch

gnu rider choice, longer wider...abit oversized for pow, stiffer than a banana and c2btx/asym/reg-mag


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wrathfuldeity is offline  
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Fire on Ice...and Powder!
 
GreyDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,578
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by walove View Post
Did you read this thread?
I believe I understand your comment now.
I didn't realize that the Dirty Pillow was a pow board.

Apologies.
GreyDragon is offline  
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wait for the 2014 Speedodeeps or the banana hamock.
blunted_nose is offline  
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member
 
Riley212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Seattle
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the charlie sucks for switch but i dont ride switch in pow.

Looks like the dirty pillow would be your best bet on a budget, you can get them for pretty cheap now. 300 on backcountry

Dude, suckin at somethin' is just the first step to bein' sorta good at somethin'
Riley212 is offline  
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member
 
cjcameron11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley212 View Post
agreed

me

I'm sorry but did you just closeline yourself @ 2:36 when ducking a rope? if so hahahahaha.

looks like a sweet pow day though

my names's Petey and i have gigantic balls
cjcameron11 is offline  
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 08:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Epic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
I'm sorry but did you just closeline yourself @ 2:36 when ducking a rope? if so hahahahaha.

looks like a sweet pow day though
I thought I was seeing things


I've heard the GNU billy goat performs really well powder and and is decent at switch.
Epic is offline  
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,966
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyDragon View Post
Yah. I started this thread.
It's about Mervyn twin boards in pow.
The comments indicate that a dedicated pow board is a good idea, which none of the Mervyn boards listed are.

Therefore I asked for suggestions for DEDICATED POW boards that ride switch well.

There were no comments that the Charlie Slasher rode well switch in pow, just that it rode pow well. If it does, I'd appreciate an indication to that effect.

BTW, your first post is rather cryptic. You make reference to the Skate Banana, Snow Mullet, and Charlie Slasher. What is an "an" and a "miller"?
You need to be more clear what you mean by 'ride switch' - do you mean in pow or on groomers, etc.

If you mean in pow, then there is not going to be many. The things that make most pow boards float (long nose rocker/short tail kicker, taper, setback, pin/swallowtail, etc.) make them less twin and work against you when riding switch in pow. Your best bet is a full rocker twin - from Mervin basically the Dirty Pillow or the Skate Banana. Also look at the Sick Stick/Powder Snake - has some taper but otherwise quite a twin-ish powder deck.

If you mean pow-sticks that ride switch well on groomers, than you have many choices. Charlie, Sick Stick, etc. will all be fine. More twin in nature helps of course, but on groomers it really is 95% skill/technique. Just look at the video of Stephan taking the Fish through the park...
hktrdr is offline  
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 10:29 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
You need to be more clear what you mean by 'ride switch' - do you mean in pow or on groomers, etc.

If you mean in pow, then there is not going to be many. The things that make most pow boards float (long nose rocker/short tail kicker, taper, setback, pin/swallowtail, etc.) make them less twin and work against you when riding switch in pow. Your best bet is a full rocker twin - from Mervin basically the Dirty Pillow or the Skate Banana. Also look at the Sick Stick/Powder Snake - has some taper but otherwise quite a twin-ish powder deck.

If you mean pow-sticks that ride switch well on groomers, than you have many choices. Charlie, Sick Stick, etc. will all be fine. More twin in nature helps of course, but on groomers it really is 95% skill/technique. Just look at the video of Stephan taking the Fish through the park...
Mu and his fish - that vid is insane. really shines a light on the "99% rider, 1% board" thing.
blunted_nose is offline  
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Veteran Member
 
Banjo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I recently got a GNU Danny Kass C2BTX....set it up twin and rode it in some deep but crusty-topped pow on Thursday. Switch was no big deal, and I found it surprisingly good in pow...as good as my Yes Big City which is a directional twin(more rocker int he nose) with a set back. I actually felt like i didnt have to lean back as much in deep stuff compared to other shapes.

The C2BTX was really awesome switch in pow...I would say go with that profile for a twin mervin board. Sucked on hard-pack flats though...maybe just take some getting used to having that beach ball underfoot instead of camber
Banjo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome